Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

something funny from my childhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something funny from my childhood

Hello,

Does anyone else remember:

Andy Astronaut-1968 Large Illustrated Kids Book? (Rocket-Space book)

I saw it on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Andy-Astronaut-1...QQcmdZViewItem

I remember alot of weird space stuff from when I was very,very young.

Strange that I remember that.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Not 'Andy Astronaut' but the book I remember from my childhood came out a couple of years after that: What Makes It Go? by Joe Kaufman:

(Actually that's not the cover of the book I had - that's the US cover and the UK edition was different.)

The really excellent thing though is that I still have the book some 35+ years later!
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

David,

Very cool! That is a great piece of nostalgia!

Things like that make me appreciate my childhood.

I begin to see where part of my personality comes from!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

This was my favourite. It looks like my interests were a bit more down to earth!

\"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

The earliest book that I can remember was about a bear and a mouse that lived in a wardrobe. At least, I think that's what it was about.

Comment

Working...
          X