Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Angélica Gorodischer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angélica Gorodischer

Dear Michael,

I am curious as to whether you have yet read the newly translated Kalpa Imperial by Angأ©lica Gorodischer? This book has been getting a lot of praise at the moment and was featured at Fantastic Metropolis, which you of course co-edit. I would love to hear any opinion you might have on the work.

I suppose on a somewhat related topic, I don't believe I've ever read any of your thoughts on writers such as Kafka, Borges or Calvino. Gabe Mesa, a person who I have great respect for, groups these three together in his interview with Gorodischer, and I am slightly puzzled as to why these writers are so often lumped together. I haven't read enough Calvino to have a firm opinion on him, but I view Borges and Kafka as very different writers. I have a great deal of respect for Borges, but his writing has always seemed too cold and clinical for me not to feel somehow distanced when I read him. I feel Kafka's writing to be more personal and altogether more real. I'd be interested to hear where you stand.

Best regards,

Luke.
Working...
X