Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Defying Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defying Hitler

While I am not comparing the Bush Administration to the Nazis, we all are observing a continuous hollowing out of human and civil rights and freedom in a gigantic orchestrated campaign since 9/11. See the article posted in RESAONED DEBATE today: http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=3437
    It is all there for all to see. Also the Human Rights disaster of the camp(s) in Guantanamo.

A German anti-Nazi, who fled to Britain before WW2 and became a leading publicist and historian wrote about the time in Germany, long before the war started when people COULD SEE what was taking place, but impassively chose to ignore the whittling down of liberty and the growing persecution of Jews and oppositionals.

I recommend this lecture as a comparison of how intelligence and empathy can actually be switched off (or does it switch off by itself?):
    "Defying Hitler" by Sebastian Haffner (Original title, more adequate "Geschichte eines Deutschen" - (Hi-)Story of a German
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/pro...283155&s=books

It is some time since I read it now, but the mechanisms of power going berserk and few seriously try to do something about it, is still very useful to understand today.
    Google ergo sum

Thanks for continuing to draw attention to these issues. People forget too easily. Especially those who use "9/11" as justification for anything.

Comment

Read 1984 from Orwell ..... He shows how the meaning of the word is twisted ....... and after the words are used to say something different of what is officially said .......

Comment

Working...
      X