Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Again, Dangerous Visions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradi
    replied
    Funny, although I suspect Harlan wouldn't find it so. He can be...difficult
    No, he wouldn't like it. He's so litigious, that he would probably try to find a way to sue me for saying it.

Leave a comment:

• Pellaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bradi
    I feel almost embarrassed for Harlan Ellison with his many announcements over the years, I think starting in the 1970s, of the near completion of The Last Dangerous Visions.

A quick google of this subject comes up with the funny name, Book on the Edge of Forever.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny, although I suspect Harlan wouldn't find it so. He can be...difficult.

Leave a comment:

• KanderGrimm
    replied
    I'd send you my hardcover copy. I need to lighten my collection of books...I'd much rather have it in paperback.

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    went to TWO libraries today and neither one had ANY dangerous visions-type books. *hmph*

Leave a comment:

• KanderGrimm
    replied
    I was lucky enough to pick up a hardcover copy of Dangerous Visions. If I'm not mistaken there was a second anthology titled More Dangerous Visions.

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    replied
    Well that's embarassing... I assumed Last DV had been out for years now and I'd just never bothred to get it. At any rate, I'm out for Dangerous Visions soon.

Leave a comment:

• Bradi
    replied
    I feel almost embarrassed for Harlan Ellison with his many announcements over the years, I think starting in the 1970s, of the near completion of The Last Dangerous Visions.

A quick google of this subject comes up with the funny name, Book on the Edge of Forever.

Leave a comment:

• manmiles
    replied
    Dangerous Visisons is good... the way it looks, Last Dangeous Visions will NEVER come out, sadly/

Leave a comment:

• Poetgrrl
    started a topic Again, Dangerous Visions

Again, Dangerous Visions

I read this book perhaps 15 years ago. Fifteen years too soon, really. I was too young to "get" it. What I took away from the book then was Harlan Ellison's comments and his interesting writing style. That and each author's comments following their story.

Last night I took it off the shelf and what did I see that I'd forgotten but Mike's name in the Introduction and later in the list of folks Harlan was thanking. *neato*

And the sad part of it all; i have yet to read Dangerous Visions or Last Dangerous Visions. :roll: Note to self: put these on the wish list!
Working...
X