Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groakes
    replied
    Just started "A Most Wanted Man" by John Le Carre

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    replied
    Rereading "Name of the Rose". Still a great book.

Des

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Away to start in a wee while The Machine in Shaft 10 by M John Harrison

Leave a comment:

• DeepFixer
    replied
    Still working through Glorianna and taking a little break from the 'Witch World' books with Eye of Cat by Roger Zelazny.

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    replied
    Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
    PJ Farmer has the same trouble with 'brobdingnagian'. Turns up everywhere.
    Well it can slip out so easily in conversation...

"Fancy the ham or the cheddar?"
    "I'll have the ham: it looks so jolly brobdingnagian!"

Des

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    Originally posted by UncleDes View Post
    Finished 'The Space Machine', and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who liked 'The Time Machine' or 'War of the Worlds'.
    I really enjoyed both of those (but as my eldest son pointed out): the word "tumultuous" turns up ten times too many in WoW.

Des
    PJ Farmer has the same trouble with 'brobdingnagian'. Turns up everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin McCabe
    replied
    Well, I'm reading Watchmen as well. But, its the original graphic novel, as opposed to the new Complete, that I asked for and received for Christmas. Last time, I checked it out of the library. Now, I own one in time for the SFMB read!

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Been reading Watching the Watchmen by Dave Gibbons, the "definitive commentary on the ultimate graphic novel", which I got for Christmas.

One of the many interesting facts that Gibbons reveals in WTW is that the superduper Absolute Watchmen edition, for which the original comic was recoloured and had some minor art corrections made, is now the basis for the standard paperback edition, so I might just need to invest in a new copy of that (slightly cheaper than selling out for the AW edition, although I hope to do so eventually).

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Getting right into The Malacia Tapestry by Brian Aldiss.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Hardy
    replied
    Let's see since I last checked in Simplicissimus, The Reverse of the Medal, Blackbeard the Pirate a reappraisal of his life and times, The Thirteen Gun Salute, and the Saga of Gisli Surson. That's not very much I fear, but the holidays keep me busy.

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    replied
    Finished 'The Space Machine', and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who liked 'The Time Machine' or 'War of the Worlds'.
    I really enjoyed both of those (but as my eldest son pointed out): the word "tumultuous" turns up ten times too many in WoW.

Des

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied

Now reading 'The Broken Sword' which Mike cites as an influence on his work.
    Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 12-22-2008, 01:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    In my day we were too worried about keeping the Consumption under control and stressing over having enough money for dripping for the sandwiches!!

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    replied
    Originally posted by thingfish View Post
    For me,there is nothing more boredom inducing than the TV and especially computer games.
    Those two are likely to have me reaching for a book within minutes.
    Amen to that. I can "zone out" to TV if I'm really tired, but I have no interest in computer games.

Get your damn Wii off my lawn, dammit!!

Des

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    I suppose thats a matter of opinion!
    For me,there is nothing more boredom inducing than the TV and especially computer games.
    Those two are likely to have me reaching for a book within minutes.
    Coming to the end of Lost on Venus which has turned out to be great although the first couple of chapters were hard work.
    Master Mind of Mars by the same Mr Burroughs is up next.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X