Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm reading Star Wars RPG second edition revised and Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd & the Grey Mouser stories. It must be the third time, but I just love them...
    Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

• new books I have bought and read

John Scalzi's :
      Old Mans War
      The Ghost Brigade
      The Last Colony

I was very happy when a bud suggested these books to me. They're original with quick moving plots. Many parts just made me laugh out loud also!

Comment

• Two books:
        Jonathon Carroll's Voice of our Shadow - This is my third time reading it, it's just damn that awesome. It's a pity he's so hard to find in Ireland.

Also a "Teach yourself" book on Dream intrepretation.. one of my peculiar obsessions.

Comment

• Just finished reading 'Ring' by Steven Baxter, and just started 'Vacuum Diagrams' by the same author. I am enjoying the Xelee Sequence. In his hard science way, Baxter reflects Mike's magical change, entropy and the balance between Law & Chaos. It's all in how one interprets things, something Mike has stated.

Got 'Time Of The Hawklords' shouting at me to be read, and the premise looks intriguing, given what I know. Can't wait.
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• THE WHITE WOLF'S SON BY THE MASTER OF WRITING HIMSELF!!

Last edited by David Mosley; 05-20-2007, 01:39 AM. Reason: Spoiler added by Admin - Please remember some people haven't read the book yet
            They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

• Just begun the Ramayana !

interesting !

and some one conciled me the books by Salvatore . any opinion ?

Comment

• A Gladiator Dies Once by Steven Saylor.

Comment

• "Queen of Sinister" Mark Chadbourn
                  Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                  Bakunin

Comment

• rereading the 2nd part of the Corum saga. I reread all my Moorcock books on five to ten year shifts.
                    Otherwise I recently read Moby Dick for the first time and I think it changed me somehow...

Comment

• I, too, felt strangely altered after reading 'Moby Dick', blooman. You may want to consider reading 'In The Heart Of The Sea' by Nathaniel Philbrick. It's the story which is purported to have inspired ' Moby Dick' and I must say I enjoyed it greatly.

As I did 'The Time of The Hawklords'. It shouldn't be taken too seriously and was great fun in small doses. Not long finished reading 'England Invaded' edited by Mike. Quite an interesting collection of writing. I'd recommend trying it (if you can find it) for the different perspective it gives on the subject.

Currently reading Joseph by Julian Rathbone. The detail is exquisite, very, very evocative. Enjoying it a lot so far.
                      Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 07-06-2007, 04:37 PM.
                      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Re-reading Northwest Smith during breaks.
                        "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

• There is something about "Moby Dick' isn't there. There's something about the language which is so compelling. I remember feeling compelled to read whole sections of it out loud just "hear" how the words bounced around the room like living things....

Currently reading "No Logo" by Naomi Klein....
                          Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                          Bakunin

Comment

• The sword and the stallion
                            by you-know-who

I had left the second trilogy of Corum complaining at the bookshops for years but I decided to stop resisting and get finished with the one eyed-one armed Vadagh.I think I like the second trilogy more.

PS:Just saw blooman is reading Corum too these days!

Comment

• reading...

or should I say re-reading Mark Helprin's "Winter's Tale". Just re-reread John Fowles' "the Magus" and Steven Brust's "The Sin, the Moon and the Stars".

Three of my favorite authors, not including MM of course, who's books I'm eagerly awaiting receiving in the mail so I can re-read those as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heiron View Post
                                I had left the second trilogy of Corum complaining at the bookshops for years but I decided to stop resisting and get finished with the one eyed-one armed Vadagh.I think I like the second trilogy more.
                                I'm part way through The Oak and the Ram myself and I agree that the second trilogy is a richer narrative than the first. The Swords Trilogy seemed closer to the style of the Hawkmoon Quartet, while I feel the Chronicles has more the texture of The Ice Schooner.
                                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
                                X