Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting right into The Malacia Tapestry by Brian Aldiss.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Been reading Watching the Watchmen by Dave Gibbons, the "definitive commentary on the ultimate graphic novel", which I got for Christmas.

One of the many interesting facts that Gibbons reveals in WTW is that the superduper Absolute Watchmen edition, for which the original comic was recoloured and had some minor art corrections made, is now the basis for the standard paperback edition, so I might just need to invest in a new copy of that (slightly cheaper than selling out for the AW edition, although I hope to do so eventually).
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Well, I'm reading Watchmen as well. But, its the original graphic novel, as opposed to the new Complete, that I asked for and received for Christmas. Last time, I checked it out of the library. Now, I own one in time for the SFMB read!
        Kevin McCabe
        The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleDes View Post
          Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
          Finished 'The Space Machine', and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who liked 'The Time Machine' or 'War of the Worlds'.
          I really enjoyed both of those (but as my eldest son pointed out): the word "tumultuous" turns up ten times too many in WoW.

Des
          PJ Farmer has the same trouble with 'brobdingnagian'. Turns up everywhere.
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
            PJ Farmer has the same trouble with 'brobdingnagian'. Turns up everywhere.
            Well it can slip out so easily in conversation...

"Fancy the ham or the cheddar?"
            "I'll have the ham: it looks so jolly brobdingnagian!"

Des
            Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Still working through Glorianna and taking a little break from the 'Witch World' books with Eye of Cat by Roger Zelazny.
              Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

• Away to start in a wee while The Machine in Shaft 10 by M John Harrison
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Rereading "Name of the Rose". Still a great book.

Des
                  Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• Just started "A Most Wanted Man" by John Le Carre
                    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                    Bakunin

Comment

Working...
                    X