Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so thoroughly enjoying this book! Even as I was reading the notes and acknowledgements I was giggling my butt off. I howled with laughter at his stapler drawing. I've only gotten as far as he and his brother Toph renting the house. Tonight i'll be able to devote a good block of time to reading more. I think its his selfeffacing style that I like so much

Comment

Just started another of Mosley's Easy Rawlins books, Little Scarlet.
      "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

I decided I needed to learn some JSP to expand my repetoire of languages so I am currently reading Begining JSP We Development which I managed to get from a local wholesale outlet for $15au. When I checked the bookstore they wanted $80au for the same book.
        My signature is

Comment

I'm currently reading Rousseau's Emile (almost life-changingly good)... Wish I had more time for true pleasure reading, but with school...

I am partway through Kafka's Amerika, for no particular reason. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm really into it.

But the good news is that I'm finally getting my girlfriend into the fantasy genre with The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Apparently she tried Tolkien years ago and was really turned off by it, but she seems to be enjoying Donaldson. Hopefully I'll get her on Moorcock soon enough!

Comment

I'm reading several simultaneously, as per usual - "The Triumph of Time" by James Blish, Plato's Republic (in Greek, though I'm pre-reading it in English), "The Conquest of Happiness" by Bertrand Russell, Nietzsche's "Beyond Good and Evil", "The Heaven Makers" by Frank Herbert and "The Greeks and the Irrational" by E.R.Dodds. I'm also halfway through both War and Peace and Paradise Lost - but probably won't get back to either of them until I finish one or two of the others.
            Arma virumque cano.

Comment

I'm reading The Wizard by Gene Wolfe. I'm trying to finish it before I go back to school, and with any luck I will. It's very good, though I don't like it quite as much as Wolfe's Book of the New Sun. Then again, there's very little fiction I like as much as the New Sun series, so I can't complain.

After I finish the Wolfe up, I'll probably start on David Copperfield. I've been meaning to read Dickens for a while, and this seems as good a place to start as any. My last Dickens experience was freshman year in high school, and I feel guilty I haven't read any of his books since. Should be fun.

Comment

Just started Kushiel Avatar by Jacqueline Carey, the third instalment in the Kushiel Legacy trilogy. I really enjoyed the first book while I found the second a bit irritating because she repeats herself quite a bit, but it's really rare that I stop reading in the middle of a series. The only exception was the Wheel of Time, after book 7 (I think) I just got too bored to keep reading.

Comment

Kushiel

Not a bad work and i finished the trilogy with some true pleasure but

Comment

Right now I am reading Touched by the Gods by Lawrence Watt-Evans. It's decent so far, though not set in his more familiar Esthar of the Spices setting.

He's an underrated fantasy author imho, and his Lords of Dus series is great if you can find them.

Comment

I remember Dusarra as a very pleasant book and it gave me the idea to adapt it as a scenario for a ADD game ..... a great moment !

Comment

Currently lumbering through Erwin Rohde's 'Psyche' (great stuff - Dodd's TGATI is largely in response to it), Xenophon's 'Hellenica' (partly in Greek), 'In Praise of Idleness' by Bertrand Russell and Robin Lane Fox's 'Alexander the Great'. Also still grinding through Plato's 'Republic'. Just finished Pullman's 'Northern Lights', which I massively enjoyed, but am leaving the sequels as a Channukah treat!
                        Arma virumque cano.

Comment

Thou art reading the Discworld novels...

Mangas: Godchild 1, Getbackers, Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin...

Pretty good... By Terry Pratchett...

Cannot leave Harry Potter out... I finished the latest book last week...

I love Lucius and Severus... Wicked people... MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
                          They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

I'm reading Terrible Angel : A Novel of Michael Collins in New York by Dermot McEvoy.
                            About a 100 pages through and still waiting for some action.

Comment

Just finished The Religions of India in Practice and now I'm in the mood for something totally trashy.
                              along the lines of Jackie Collins trashy......any recommendations?

Comment

Take your pick

http://www.trashfiction.co.uk/rock.html

Comment

Working...
                                X