Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading at the moment?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THEY ARE NOT SO FANTASY I KNOW...BUT IT IS FOR SCHOOL! SO I AM READING> A PRYER FOR OWEN MEANY, BY JOHN IRVING AND RONJA(IT IS FANTSY) BY ASTRID LINGER..

Comment

While ill recently I started with the Inspector Rebus series by Rankin.
      Pretty good, and I like the Scots a lot anyway.
      Google ergo sum

Comment

I'm just delving into the old classics such as: Dracula, Moby Dick and the Invisible Man. I've had enough of mad androids and orcs for the time being.

Comment

I just started reading Gene Wolfe's The Knight, and I'm reading The Scarlett Letter for school. The Gene Wolfe is deffinetly better...

S. Ombre

Comment

Moby Dick and Conan the Valiant by Roland Green

Comment

Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures: Volume three The Legends of Kern Songs of Victory

What can I say. It's Conan's world, I'm just livin' in it. :notworthy:
              ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

I've just finished The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell, it's about the Danish invasions & Alfred the Great, told through the eyes of the disposessed Ealdorman of Northumbria. It's excellent.
                Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

I started the next Rankin-Rebus, and it is getting gorier and gorier! Yikes, is someone paying the man to keep visitors away from Bonny Scotland ? At least he prefers Islay Single Malts.

Many more to come, hehe.
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                    Many more to come, hehe.
                    Books or whiskey? Ho ho.

This is probably sacrilege in a literary thread, but some of the Rebus stories have been adapted for TV. I haven't read or watched any Rankin, so I can't comment, but there was the usual disatisfaction that greets such things.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0243153/

At the moment I'm still working through Peter Pan, and practicing my Yiddish, but I also picked up a book on Chuang Tzu the other day that I hope to get around to soon. Of course true Taoists don't think about reading such books, they just read them. :)
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                      Many more to come, hehe.
                      Books or whiskey? Ho ho.
                      Hopefully both!

I just started Steve Aylett's Atom. A clever re-interpretation of noir detectives so far. But I think I need some bourbon...

Comment

Currently reading "A History of The Objibway People" by William W. Warren and "Dances With Wolves" by Michael Blake. Both in small spurts depending on what 'm doing or where I am (I'm only reading "Dances..." when at my girlfriend's house). Primary book right now is "King of the City" by...hmm...who is that guy again...?
                        "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                          Many more to come, hehe.
                          Books or whiskey? Ho ho.
                          Whisky, not Whiskey ... not from Scotland at least

But yes, Doc, BOTH keep coming.
                          I think I didn't read detective stories for about 20 years, but it is great fun and challenging for a change.
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

But yes, Doc, BOTH keep coming.
                            I think I didn't read detective stories for about 20 years, but it is great fun and challenging for a change.
                            Sounds like a full day--
                            Scotch whisky, books, and a challenge. Do I have to include my wife? :lol:

Comment

Edgar Rice Burroughs, Gods of Mars (1918), on my Tungsten E. (Very slowly). :)

Comment

Oh yes! "Whiskey" is "Irish or American" according to my dictionary. I never knew that. :)
                                "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
                                X