Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hal Duncan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Duncan

I'm curious as to whether anyone round 'ere has felt the inclination to investigate Hal Duncan's first novel, Vellum? I'm about half way through, and have had to have a break for fear of my eyes exploding. It's been a while since a book got me so utterly fixated as this.

Duncan seems to have researched many religious beliefs, cross-referenced between them, and added his own story to the proceedings. The Vellum itself carries echoes of the Multiverse, so seasoned Mr. M readers should take to it pretty easily.

However factual it all is, I'll never know, but it's proving a damn entertaining read.

Any thoughts?
    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

no, but it's on my to-read listy after the reviews I';ve read. sounds good and you've reinforced that bob

Comment

I've picked it up after finding your recommendation Bob. Sounds like it's going to be interesting. Now I've just got to make the time to read it (with uni starting again next week). I'll post some thoughts on it when I get through some more of my current reading list.

Comment

Nice one! I just recently interviewed him, too. If you're interested, have a gander over here: http://www.ph-uk.co.uk/post/EEkZEVEyuAkuhYqVfW.shtml
        Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Working...
        X