Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Naar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naar

Hope you don't mind me posting this:

http://www.sffworld.com/brevoff/201.html

It is a review of my book on sffworld.com

Patrick, did you use the name Pat Catlett to avoid being steriotyped by distributers. I find some authers have androdgonas pen names.

Did it hurt when they reviewed your book? I would be a bit carefull about reading reviews of my work.

It seems a bit mean.

I bet your proud you got a review though.

I am thinking about buying your book. What is its feel, roughly?

It looks unusual.

How is book 2 coming along?

Comment

Sorry Yolanda, but I just noticed your post. The only reason that my name is Pat Catlett in the review is that that is how my email is addressed, and I had emailed the reviewer.

Yes, it was a bit nerve racking to have my book reviewed, but, all-in-all, I was pleased with it.

What was even more nerve racking was when I had emailed Mike, and he agreed to read the book. I was pretty apprehensive awaiting his review, which I include below:

A fine and refreshingly fast-paced fantasy adventure in the great tradition, The Ring of Naar never disappoints and often exceeds the reader's expectation. Action, landscape and character are all well up to standard and the writing is far superior to much of the work currently on the bookshelves. Recommended!
      Michael Moorcock

Obviously, I was very pleased when I received it. So, I couldn't wait for this site to come back up so that I could post it. Now I'm hoping his kind review can help me get an agent.

The second book is done. I just need to do a final read through and make sure that there are no typos etc.

Thanks all.

Comment

Sounds like things are going well, Patrick! Continued success.

Comment

Out of curiosity, where did the soldiers that are depicted on the cover come from? From the thumbnail on amazon they look a little like units from Medieval Total War.

Just curious.

Good on you for getting published though. Not an easy thing to do these days.
          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

The publishing company did the cover. I was never pleased with it. The next cover will be WAY better.

Comment

Wicked!

I am surprised this website has been down so long and has come back with so many of the old topics and threads.

I bet youve got more whack now you're published.

You can call your own tune, i hope.

Comment

Well, if it was a mainstream publisher it might be different. With a POD, it's more just to get it out. There is no profit in it unless a few more people buy it. Hint...

By the way, in case anyone is interested, the next book is done. I'm just waiting for the approval from the publishing company then I'll get it edited.

Comment

Cool.

I am working on a graphic novel at the moment.

I hope its as big as YuGiOh!

Comment

THat sounds like an interesting book to read.
                    I'm sorta looking for something new to read (new meaning, an author whose work I previosuly haven't read)

I will probably buy that (not sure how to go about that ATM, I assume I can get it in the uk somehow?

Comment

NM, I see it's on Amazon.co.uk

Will grab it and since I get paid today, I'll probably buy it today sometime.

Comment

Please let me know what you think of it.

Comment

If I may be so bold, I just wanted to post that my third book is now available. Here is a link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Chaw-Den-Patri...5960882&sr=1-3

Comment

Working...
                          X