Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Pratchett anger at Rowling's rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pratchett really ought not worry about Rowling. The man has far more talent (in my opinion).

To wit, how many people knew that he is also a rather good illustrator?

"Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Aw poop! More competition? I'm getting tired of all of these people with successful careers in other fields, suddenly revealing that they can also draw really well. I studied long and hard to... er... actually I got grade C GCSE, and then gave up, but it's the principle that counts... er... :(

When we read books/texts in class, many teachers, quite independent of each other gave me the pompous father/vicar roles... I was also Friar Laurence in our school's production of Rome and Juliet. I dread to think what all that says about me.
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
        Friar Laurence
        He was the drug dealer wasn't he? javascript:emoticon('')

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
          Aw poop! More competition? I'm getting tired of all of these people with successful careers in other fields, suddenly revealing that they can also draw really well. I studied long and hard to... er... actually I got grade C GCSE, and then gave up, but it's the principle that counts... er... :(
          I know, Neil Gaiman's another! Grrrrr... And I did study long and hard in art! :)

Liking the new smilies! :woot:

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
            Originally posted by Mikey_C
            I mean - Shakespeare excelled at many forms, but the graphic novel was not one of them![/i]
            Actually, graphic novels are one of the things that Shakespeare can do really rather well - certainly far better than conventional novelists. Think about it, all Shakespeare really is is dialogue.
            You've got a point there - it could be better than just reading it in black and white. I don't think my friend the teacher would have had much time for graphic novels by anyone, to tell the truth. However, I certainly agree with her that treating Shakespeare as a 'sacred text' that everyone must read is crazy. Many of those kids would have had problems following a Batman comic, so maybe they should just focus on that kind of thing - one of those comic versions of the latest Hollywood film might strike a chord with them, no matter how anyone else might sniff...
            \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
            X