Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Good News From The Vatican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News From The Vatican

Spookily, on the very day the new Pope was chosen, I received a batch of the 70s Marvel comic Unknown Worlds Of Science Fiction, one of which featured a comic strip version of a Silverberg story Good News From The Vatican, about the election of a robot Pope. I'd like to read Silverberg's story but don't have it anywhere. Has anyone read it? Is it worth seeking out?
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Yes, it's a good story. I referred to it recently in another thread. It won a Nebula award in '71, and it can be found in that year's Nebula anthology, as well as several other places -- various Silverberg story collections, for example.

LSN

Comment

Working...
    X