Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Terry Pratchett's "Lords & Ladies" Feature-Length Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Pratchett's "Lords & Ladies" Feature-Length Film

Terry Pratchett's "Lords & Ladies" Feature-Length Film
    (title got cut off in topic subject line)

Fans of Terry Pratchett might enjoy this one. It seems a group of German Pratchett fans have spent the last nine months producing a feature-length adaptation of his novel Lords & Ladies. Total cost: 300 Euros.

You can see the trailers here:

http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/...downloads.html

Still images are here:

http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/...y/gallery.html
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

I read Lords and Ladies in Dutch, as Edele Heren en Dames, when my partner brought home an ex-review copy from work. I quite enjoyed it. One of these days, I'll get round to the copy of Het Jongste Werelddeel, that's still sitting on the bookshelf. :)

Comment

"Hodgesaargh (David Hodges)"

He's playing himself!!! Fantastic. I've met Hodges at several conventions over the years, and a conversation with him was pretty much an event in itself... far more fun than some of the official panels.

Of course, if you don't know who David Hodges is, then that's all meaningless gibberish. :)

The film looks pretty good, and I'd be much happier watching that than the third LotR film, which I still can't be bothered to rent... I don't know, or care how that trilogy ends. Perhaps I'm wrong, but a more "guerrilla" style of film-making might help to retain some of the humour of the Discworld. Although Mr Pratchett's creation deserves the big budget treatment, there's a certain endearingly "low-budget" quality to many of his characters... I mean, Rincewind isn't exactly the Ferrari of wizards, but he gets the job done.
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
        ... Although Mr Pratchett's creation deserves the big budget treatment, there's a certain endearingly "low-budget" quality to many of his characters... I mean, Rincewind isn't exactly the Ferrari of wizards, but he gets the job done.
        I'd quite like to see Keanu Reeves, as Mightily Oats, being taught to sing, The Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On The End, by Susan Sarandon, as Nanny Ogg, in a big screen treatment of Carpe Jugulum (1998). :D

Comment

HAHA is that Cohen the Barbarian on the middle to the left side of the page?

Comment

great stuff! can't wait to see this one, too: http://www.snowgumfilms.com/trollbridge/faq/index.htm

Comment

Working...
            X