Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What was the last book you bought? (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along with my first and used copy of Jack of Shadows, I got an advanced reading copy of The Dreamthief's Daughter; pretty cool.
    sigpic

Comment

Had to go through town today so popped my head into a couple of the usual s/h outlets and was glad I did. Got copies of Matter and State Of The Art by Iain M. Banks (which leaves me with only three of his SF books to get and about six to read) and The English Ghost: Spectres Through Time by Peter Ackroyd. Also picked up a Fantasy Masterworks edition of The Books of Amber by Roger Zelazny. Heard enough about them on here to know it was worth a punt.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Got a load of crap for a lot of money.
        $350 in textbooks for my daughters first semester at the university.

However I did recently pick up a well read copy of Gloriana, that I couldn't bear to leave sitting on the shelf. Also found The Illustrated Roger Zelazny, which includes a great little prequel story to Jack of Shadows.
        I('d) tell you all, we are young at the end of this cycle, and there may be no rest even when we are done.- Devin Townsend

Comment

Do graphic novels count?
          - Elric T1 & 2 http://titan-comics.com/c/120-elric-the-ruby-throne/
          - Unicorn Knight http://www.soleilprod.com/serie/chev...a-licorne.html good "classical" christian chivalry one-shot comic.
          just remake gore fights, lynchage or black death agony in "chinese shadows" and it could be a Disney's war story (like Mulan)
          If you liked "The Last Unicorn" cartoon, you will like it too.
          - The Clay Throne (T6) http://www.amazon.fr/Le-Tr%C3%B4ne-d.../dp/2756032581

for text only the french translation of Snorri's Prose Edda https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prose_Edda

for text + photo: The Northern World from David M. Wilson
          http://www.amazon.com/The-Northern-W.../dp/050028430X
          More an encyclopedia than a dream factory, but useful reference as it doesn't stay "Viking only" but extends to all german tribes (Goth, Frank,...)

Comment

The Kindle version of Andrew P West's Hell Bound, the latest in Janet E. Morris' Heroes in Hell series
            Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

These have not been the latest books I bought but I wanted to share a decent picture of the long-time expected Moorcock's Brazilian Elric issues. I am not sure if we will get the 6 books the publisher has promised.

fetch?photoid=427070.jpg
              Attached Files
              "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
              "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

zlogdan, those are gorgeous!

I was thinking, between this thread and the "What are you listening too..." etc. threads, aught we not start new threads for 2020 instead of using these old 2015 threads?
                "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by EverKing View Post
                  zlogdan, those are gorgeous!

I was thinking, between this thread and the "What are you listening too..." etc. threads, aught we not start new threads for 2020 instead of using these old 2015 threads?
                  Sounds like a very good idea! Do you know how to tranfer posts?
                  "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                  "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post

Sounds like a very good idea! Do you know how to tranfer posts?
                    I think it likely takes an Admin/Mod to transfer posts but I also think we can just start the new thread and go forward from there (maybe just project a link back to the previous thread for context if anyone is wondering?).
                    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                    --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• Originally posted by EverKing View Post

I think it likely takes an Admin/Mod to transfer posts but I also think we can just start the new thread and go forward from there (maybe just project a link back to the previous thread for context if anyone is wondering?).
                      Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                      X