Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book(s) are you reading in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried reading Mother London with a bunch of other stuff I was reading simultaneously and the density of it knocked me on my ass! I also tried King of the Street with this too, but its machine-gun style was just killing me.
    Gotta take both on one at a time.
    I'm basically tapped out on the simultaneous reading, when it works it's like changing channels on TV, when it doesn't it's just like that too; nothing (good) on.
    sigpic

Comment

• I bought John Crowley's Little, Big when I was an undergrad and couldn't get into it. I picked it up again last week and am enthralled.

Comment

• I am reading China Miéville's "Embassytown".
        "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
        "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

• Finished The Long Mars earlier, and what can I say? Major disasters, bizarre lifeforms and ecologies, existential threats, the next step in human evolution, life on Mars, evidence of ancient civilizations - what more could you want?
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• I'm reading Mick Farren's Mars-The Red Planet and Dayton Ward and Kevin Dillmore's Star Trek Seekers 4: All That's Left.
            Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

• I've been reading, The Coming of the Terraphiles and Blood Red Game, recently.

Comment

• In the years the Myscenally had been on a hiatus I became very fond of Gene Wolfe's books. I read the whole solar cycle and I am now reading The Shadow Of The Torturer again.
                Last edited by zlogdan; 01-06-2020, 03:27 AM.
                "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
                "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Working...
                X