Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christآ´s Childhood Pal, by Christopher Moore

I just finished this book a few days ago and can't stop thinking about it. It was so... well... done!

It is a humorous, fictional account for the life of Jesus (Joshua bar Joseph) as recorded by his childhood best friend, Biff, who just happens to be an irreverant little turd. The story focuses mainly on what Jesus did during the 30 years the Bible doesn't seem to talk about: i.e. his childhood up until his ministry. He travels to the middle-east to find the three wise men and learn, among other things, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, etc.

It's not blasphemous or mean-spirited in any way, so even people raised in a strict Christian environment (as I was) can appreciate it. And as Moore himself says, if your faith is such that it can be compromised by a humorous novel, perhaps you have more praying to do.

Read Lamb. You won't regret it.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Working...
X