Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Anyone know what this book is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what this book is?

I remember reading the back cover and a few pages of a book in Borders just before it went bust and thought it looked interesting but I can't remember what it was called or who it was by.

The plot went something like this - it starts with a snowfall and gradually people start to realise that this was some form of invasion using nanotechnology to infiltrate a transformative virus that hacks the genetic code of people and (I think) other life forms too and gradually people start to change. As far as I can remember the intention was for this to be a trilogy. Sounded interesting as it reminded me of the great scifi series "Threshold" - I would like to find it again and read it in full but Borders went down soon after and I never could find it.

Maybe this book? Not sure though...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/294460.Plague_Year
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Thanks but I don't think that's it - as far as I can recall the existence of the nanotech is not known from the start - everyone thinks it's just snow, and only towards the end of the first book does it start to become clear what is happening, to the main protagonist at least. Plus I think the implication was it was from space. The Carlson book sounds a lot more obvious and I doubt I would have found it interesting even from the back cover.

Comment

Working...
      X