Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Time Travels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Travels

I like science fiction novels especially about time travels. I read only three novels (Time Machine, Behold the Man, Anubis Gates) and I'm about to read Up the Line. I ask you for some recommendation no matters if it's gone forward or back :)
    http://soundandclouds.blogspot.com/

The Time Ships by Steven Baxter is pretty good. It's a sequel to the Time Machine and it's been authorized as an official sequel by Wells's people.

Comment

on time travel, i'll recommend a novel by my fellow countryman renأ© barjavel "future times three". one of the first to study some of the implications of time travels..a classic IMO.
      and then there's asimov's "the end of eternity".
      mmm... that's all i can think of right now.

Comment

You might want to try and track down a copy of 'The Technicolor Time Machine' (1968), by Harry Harrison. A Hollywood film company uses time machine to travel back to the 'Dark Ages' to make an authentic Viking epic, with hilarious consequences. A light satire on the US film industry.

Comment

Re: Time Travels

Originally posted by seda
          I like science fiction novels especially about time travels. I read only three novels (Time Machine, Behold the Man, Anubis Gates) and I'm about to read Up the Line. I ask you for some recommendation no matters if it's gone forward or back :)
          Seda,

Those are all good selections. I like Silverberg's Up the Line
          quite a bit, and wish he still wrote in that vein.

If you really like time travel and time paradox stories, a short novel
          you might like is Dinosaur Beach by Keith Laumer. It's
          an old book, that came out in English around '72. It might be hard
          to find.

Another book you might like is Silverberg's Hawksbill Station.

LSN

Comment

At the risk of only recommending our site host, the Dancers at the End of Time series has quite a bit of time travel, and has a great nod to H.G. Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
              At the risk of only recommending our site host, the Dancers at the End of Time series has quite a bit of time travel, and has a great nod to H.G. Wells.
              And, of course, Mr M.'s 'Oswald Bastable' the Edwardian time traveller, series: 'The Warlord of the Air', 'The Land Leviathan' and 'The Steel Tsar'.

:)

Comment

How could I forget Bastable? :oops:

And my favorite time traveller Una?

Comment

Another Silverberg novel: The Masks of Time. I always liked it.

Silverberg for a while back in the '60s and '70s wrote a number of works
                  that involved time travel. There's an early work by him, The Time
                  Hoppers
                  , that also uses time travel as a theme or perhaps plot
                  device; this one is primitive by the standards of his best work, and isn't
                  really recommended, although it has its good points.

LSN

Comment

Working...
                  X