Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Secret Death Gold of the Tombs of Schlock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Death Gold of the Tombs of Schlock!

In the 70's a US hack outfit Leisure Books put out a couple of inexplicably fantastic sword and sorcery titles, the likes of which have long since fled the groaning shelves of Barnes & Noble, or the predatory hive of Amazon. If you get a chance check them out:

Swords of the Barbarians by Ken Bulmer

Tark and the Golden Tide by MacConnell

"...fled... the predatory hive of Amazon"

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means. I can easily find used copies of Swords of the Barbarians on Amazon. There's even a Kindle edition. Pretty much same drill, less the Kindle version, for Tark.

And, whoa, if that's Tark on the cover, he's a dead ringer for that Witcher guy, Geralt of Resemblanceispurelycoincidental.

Comment

H, I meant that you'll go far and wide trying to find this kind of headlong, unselfconscious stuff crawling up out of the genre vats. Tark and the Golden Tide, especially, has bits right up there with Vance and Mike's stuff. Who actually wrote it, I can't figure out.

Comment

Working...
      X