Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What was the last book you bought? (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
    Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post
    Three meetings earlier today left me with mush brain. So, despite the rain, I walked home, stopping on the way at a used bookstore where I picked up Avram Davidson's Or All The Seas With Oysters and R.A. Lafferty's Annals of Klepsis (largely due to the recent R.A. thread here).
    Still struggling to find any RA Lafferty in my book shop wanderings. It helps when I look for the right author. Initially I was looking for JJ Rafferty which isn't very bright. Doh!
    Well, if you ever get really desperate for some Lafferty, feel free to contact me. There was a small trove of his stuff at the store and I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

• Picked up Mike's The Eternal Champion Volume 1 hardcover and The Cornelius Quartet softcover at one of my favorite local used bookshops the other day...

The Eternal Champion - Omnibus Volume One - White Wolf Edition.jpg The Cornelius Quartet - Four Walls Eight Windows Edition.jpg

"He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
      'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

• As I had finished Richard Flanagan's The Narrow Road to the Deep North.

I went looking for the more famous Japanese book by Matsuo Basho.
        Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Book hunting at one of our local thrift stores today and picked up a nice hardcover of Mike's Elric: Song Of The Black Sword (Eternal Champion #5 Omnibus).

Comment

• Well, I didn't buy it but a wonderful mate of mine in the UK sent it as a chrissie prezzie. One of the Ballards I've put off reading for many a year. My Brit friend is very good at picking info from my threads on the interweebs, I'd have to say.

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Absolute classic WL.
              One of those that has stayed in my head since i first read it years ago,must line up a re-read soon!
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Mike's Legends From The End Of Time, the DAW edition paperback from 1977 in excellent condition. Purchased from Ebay, so I will have to patiently await its arrival.

Comment

• I received a Bol.com gift card (local Amazon concurrent), as part of my Christmas bonus. Ordered a copy of The Metatemporal Detective from their website and now also waiting patiently for it to turn up.

Comment

• Last book I bought in 2014 was Alan Garner's Boneland. I also got a free copy of Neil Gaiman's Stardust (Kindle format) from Amazon so not technically 'bought'.

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
                    X