Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Looking for a good edition of Solomon Kane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good edition of Solomon Kane!

Any recommendations for a good edition of the Solomon Kane stories? (Robert E. Howard)

Donald Grant's edition Red Shadows is a nice collector's book and there are many paperback versions out there. Here's a link to other listings.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Kane#Book_editions

Comment

I have a hardcover edition of The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane. It's a collection of all of the unedited Kane stories that Howard wrote. You can find it in soft cover, as well.

Also, here is a similar thread on the topic with a few other suggestions.
      “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        I have a hardcover edition of The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane. It's a collection of all of the unedited Kane stories that Howard wrote. You can find it in soft cover, as well.

Also, here is a similar thread on the topic with a few other suggestions.
        I have the trade paperback. The Gianni illustrations are my favorite versions of Kane. I sort of enforced that by putting up a whole set of the prints over my writing room.

The Del Rey series is excellent as is the Bison Books set. Del Rey focused on the best-known stuff (Conan, Kane, Kull, Bran Mak Morn & El Borak) while Bison did the Crusader stories, boxing, humorous & "serious" Westerns, etc. Rusty Burke was the editor for both the Bison & Del Rey books.

I'm in an REH mood because I'll be doing three REH-related panels at LoneStarCon this weekend.
        Dave Hardy
        http://fireandsword.blogspot.com/

My books: Crazy Greta, Tales of Phalerus the Achaean, and Palmetto Empire.

sigpic

Comment

I have only graphic novel adaptations. Not sure exactly all that I have, but I do know that I have the three stories by Scott Allie & Mario Guevara, published by Dark Horse Comics, I believe. I know I have some others - maybe Chronicles of Solomon Kane? Can't remember, but I know I really liked the stories in a completely illustrated form.

das

Comment

Working...
          X