Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Have you read The Da Vinci Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you read The Da Vinci Code?

Iv'e heard a lot about this book both good and not so good so I was wondering what the posters around here that have read it (If any have read it that is) thought of it.

Its a nice, easy read, to be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

Not sure about this one. . . My flatmate's bought it, but I've advised him not to read it on the tube. It's the literary version of the iMac at the moment, can't swing you bag without hitting a nearby copy of The Da Vinci Code :D

Comment

Not sure about this one. . . My flatmate's bought it, but I've advised him not to read it on the tube. It's the literary version of the iMac at the moment, can't swing your bag without hitting a nearby copy of The Da Vinci Code :D

Comment

My computer is possessed this afternoon :roll: Apologies about the double post, it can't cope being connected to the Biggest Computer Monitor in the Multiverse.

Comment

Also realised I put iMac, when I meant iPod. Mind you, it looks like I'm the only one in this thread presently :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by MissDreamy
              Also realised I put iMac, when I meant iPod. Mind you, it looks like I'm the only one in this thread presently :lol:
              That ok I've noticed some one on the Q&A has started there own Da Vinci code thread but mine was here first.

Comment

You tell 'em! :D

Comment

I've started reading it , the dialogue seems pretty bad but the plot seems interesting but it hardly seems to be a page turner. It might get better( I've only read 50 pages) if it doesn't it's probably the most overratted book ever. Anyway it's better then The Fall of Hyperion which is the last book I'v'e read.

Comment

My flatmate enjoyed it, and he's trying his darndest to get me to read it. He agrees about the dialogue though, particularly the description parts. I might give it a go, eventually.

Congratulations on your 100th post, by the way! :D

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
                        Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Ecco

Is much better and about a very similar subject.
                        Right.
                        The Da Vinci code is not worth reading but it won't take too much time or mental effort either if you want to. It's just an ill-written impoverished plagiat of Eco's book, which I can't recommend too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MissDreamy
                          My flatmate enjoyed it, and he's trying his darndest to get me to read it. He agrees about the dialogue though, particularly the description parts. I might give it a go, eventually.

Congratulations on your 100th post, by the way! :D
                          And on your 100th post too :) .

Comment

havenآ´t read DaVinci Code, but Foucaultآ´s Pendulum is really good. it seems to be the most popular Eco novel in english speaking parts of the world.

look out for "The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana", the new Eco, english translation should be released in June.

Comment

Yeah, we're both Champions of the Balance now. Ooo er....[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                              X