Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Recommended: Troll-A Love Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended: Troll-A Love Story

Troll: A Love Story by Johanna Sinisalo. The title grabbed my attention, and the first couple of pages sounded promising, so I checked this book out of the library. Troll: A Love Story was originally published in Finnish and titled Not Before Sundown.

I finished it in less than three hours of nearly uninterrupted reading. It’s kind of a short book at 278 pages, and a lot of those pages are only a paragraph or less. The chapters are short (usually only a page or two) and each chapter is told by one of the main characters in the first person. It makes the book a little choppy and disjointed, but I don’t think this detracts from the story at all.

I found it to be a compelling read and an original story. My one sentence synopsis: set in current day Finland, a man finds a very young troll being harassed by teenaged bullies and brings it home. I won’t pretend to completely understand this book, but I highly recommend it if you’re in the mood to read something very, very different.
Working...
X