Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Authour August 2010 @ Science Fiction Message Board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authour August 2010 @ Science Fiction Message Board!

The results are in at The Science Fiction Message Board for our 2010 "Author August" post-a-thon extravaganza!

The regular members, along with some visitors lured by news of the upcoming event, have nominated a wildly diverse range of authors. From SF's early days to the latest hot new talent, this 6th annual event has as wide-ranging a list of writers as anyone could wish to see:

8/1.. Mick Farren
    8/2.. Terry Goodkind
    8/3.. Tad Williams
    8/4.. Karl Edward Wagner
    8/5.. Peter F. Hamilton
    8/6.. James White
    8/7.. Jeff Noon
    8/8.. Alastair Reynolds
    8/9.. Mack Reynolds
    8/10.. Stanley G. Weinbaum
    8/11.. Philip E. High
    8/12.. C. J. Cherryh
    8/13.. Barry Malzberg
    8/14.. Clark Ashton Smith
    8/15.. Rudy Rucker
    8/16.. C. L. Moore
    8/17.. Frank Belknap Long
    8/18.. Elizabeth Hand
    8/19.. Yevgeny Zamyatin
    8/20.. Edmund Cooper
    8/21.. Richard Matheson
    8/22.. Kathy Acker
    8/23.. Alan E. Nourse
    8/24... Stan Lee
    8/25.. Sam Merwin Jr
    8/26.. William Gibson
    8/27.. Charles Beaumont
    8/28.. Richard A. Lupoff
    8/29.. James Gunn
    8/30.. Angela Carter
    8/31.. Clare Winger Harris

Every day during August a different author will be spotlighted in their own thread in our Author Central forum. We encourage everyone to visit on that day and post photographs, reminiscences, cover scans, links to appropriate sites, reviews, and other reactions. With 31 days and 31 authors there's a chance to share what you know as well as learn new things, so do drop by every day, or as often as you can, to join in the fun!

Of course these threads, and all our other author threads, remain open all the rest of the year too, so you do not need to feel in any way limited to a specific author or day. However, it is always great fun to check each day and see what the featured author has inspired everybody to post.
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

And in case anybody here didn't notice for some reason or other, long-time Moorcock/Hawkwind associate/cohort and former Pink Faerie Mick Farren is kicking of the month today!
    My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Working...
    X