Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

David Icke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a second hand copy of his 9/11 (Alice in Wonderland...)conspiracy book in a very good second hand bookshop in York at the weekend - called Fossgate Books - nice little sci fi section as well. Will read and report back.

I think the Von Daniken comparison is a very good one. must re-read him as well!!

Comment

I'd stick with Chomsky and Pilger myself - Icke looks like the fun end of a very steep and slippery slope - check out:
      http://www.publiceye.org/Icke/IckeBackgrounder.htm
      He's obviously been skulking around in those Germanic woods with our late friend Moody. How can you take a man in a turquoise shellsuit seriously, anyway? 8O
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Mikey - nothing wrong with that Turquoise shellsuit (I remember laughing my a*ss off when he appeared on Wogan on 91 or whenever it was).

Interesting news article. Not convinced by Illuminati = Zionist elders stuff (and the idea that Icke is a "friend" of C18 8O somehow I don't think so).

I'll post my observations on this when I've read the old friut's book.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaveTheJust
          Mikey - nothing wrong with that Turquoise shellsuit (I remember laughing my a*ss off when he appeared on Wogan on 91 or whenever it was).

Interesting news article. Not convinced by Illuminati = Zionist elders stuff (and the idea that Icke is a "friend" of C18 8O somehow I don't think so).

I'll post my observations on this when I've read the old friut's book.
          I've got to agree with you, he may be two chips short of a buttie, but the idea of him as a skinhead fascist is laughable.
          Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Silverhand wrote:
            the idea of him as a skinhead fascist is laughable.
            I agree he's not a skinhead, but if the article is to believed (and its fairly convincing) his assoiciation with various fascist-oriented orgainsations makes the second part of the description fairly appropriate. I'd just bin the book and don't buy any more, as he needs publicity as well as money to keep himself going.
            \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Originally posted by silverhand
              I've got to agree with you, he may be two chips short of a buttie, but the idea of him as a skinhead fascist is laughable.
              Fair point. Not all fascists are skinheads (and not all skinheads are fascists for that matter). Actually, I agree that Icke is neither, and also tend to think of him as a person with mental health problems, although, however patronising that sounds.

However it is clear that the genuine skinhead fascists regard him as a fellow traveller, and the fact that he is quoting discredited anti-semitic poison such as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is enough to ring the warning bells. These sort of things need to be taken seriously, so it's a good idea warning people what they're dealing with. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time reading him, although I can see the amusement value.

Anyway, there's enough real conspiracies out there, without someone having to have delusions about extra-terrestrial lizards!
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Lizards I can handle!!

As long as there's no shape-shifting extra terrestrial spiders. the earth ones are bad enough.
                waaaaah help!!!!

Comment

Now this is just a theory about David Icke, but...

He was a pro footballer (goalkeeper) for Coventry and Hereford, but had to give up the game because he contracted a form of rheumatoid arthritis. He went into sports journalism and became quite a face on the BBC. So much so, in fact, that the charity Arthritis Care roped him into some publicity activities. It so happens that at that time my ex-wife was working for them in PR and I went to one of these functions where I met him. He was a nice, approachable bloke, but one of the things he was talking about to the ex-missus was the way in which his consultant was messing about with his medication, and he'd just been put on some new stuff that he was wary about. As was she, as she'd read about it and it had a reputation for side effects that created hallucination and delusion in some people as a side effect.

Shortly after this he dropped off sports programmes, then reappeared in a blaze of publicity on the chat show 'Wogan' (prime time 5 nights a week back then for non-Brits) wearing turquiose and talking about being the new messiah.

Now I'm not saying the two are connected (for those drug company lawyers out there) but it's always struck me as a bit of a coincidence...

Comment

Funny you know, I was a pro goalkeeper (With Fulham, Wimbledon, Cardiff City and Aldershot) and I had some strange ideas. I am not on medication though! Just a deep dreamer..

Comment

A few years ago we were lucky enough to be in Las Vegas, and got a cab back to the strip from the marvellous (and now sadly closed) Rosemary's Restaurant

The cabbie had a certain far-away look in his eye and was thrilled when he found out we were Brits, so he could ask us what we knew about David Icke and how likely it was that the Queen and Tony Blair really were reptilian aliens

Longest cab ride ever!

Comment

I like him. Personally I believe this kind of insanity should be encouraged.
                        forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
                        2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
                        3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

What I find strange about David Icke is that he's made so many outrageous claims about people in the public eye and has yet to be sued for libel...

I tried reading The Biggest Secret recently and it was very heavy going. Gave up eventually.
                          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Originally posted by Marca View Post
                            What I find strange about David Icke is that he's made so many outrageous claims about people in the public eye and has yet to be sued for libel...
                            They're scared he can prove it all in court and that it would spark a final battle to save the Earth from the Jewish reptile men who live in the centre of the Earth!!!
                            forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
                            2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
                            3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

I think people like him and Alex Jones capitalize on fear. They sell fear and make a lot of money doing so, they also undermine some of the real conspiracies and not-so concealed actualities that are problematic in our society. If people read his books and get entertainment from it that's well and good, I just think there is enough fear and enough actual horror in the world without people like Icke manufacturing more of it artificially, especially for profit. Some people really believe that drivel and walk around living in terror every day because of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X