Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

David Icke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Icke

Anybody read his books?

sound brilliant :lol:

Is he from Berlin?
    They say "icke" there when they mean "ich" ... (English: "I") :D
    Google ergo sum

Comment

I've read his earlier conspiracy books, such as 'And The Truth Shall Set You Free'.
      In those he fairly fuses most of the conspiracy theories around then [the Bilderbergers etc.,].

With his books which start with 'The Biggest Secret' [which centres on the death of Princess Diana], he seems to suggest that at the root of all these world-wide conspiracies is a particular race or blood-line.

This race has preserved its own blood-line for thousands of years and is actually of extra-terrestrial origin.
      Not only that, the race is reptilian, and merely disguises itself as human.

Those who have been victims of the conspirators [abductees for example] have seen them 'shape-shift' back and forth, from human to lizard.

Conspiracy theorists who see themselves as 'scientific researchers' are often embarrassed by Icke's recent work.

Icke himself answers any criticisms of his 'shape-shifting reptiles' theory by saying that he is only reporting what others have told him. The fact that so many disparite reports of such lizard forms coincide makes him believe that there must be someting in it.

He writes an entertaining roller-coaster ride, anyway.

Comment

Moody - yep, that's the gist of what I've heard about him.

I've just got to read some of this :) !

Comment

Originally posted by ReaveTheJust
          I've just got to read some of this :) !
          Yeah - it's worth picking up one of his books as he tends to write very entertainingly.

Have you heard him speak?
          The guy is rarely lost for a word and tends to endlessly rap-on in a kind of stream of consciouness, swaying between conspiracy-theory and mysticism.

He's either mad or brilliant.

Actually, a lot of the stuff he was saying ten years ago has come to pass, although its hard to believe the stuff he is putting out now.

David Icke

Comment

David Icke

Personaly I think he's a tosser.
            Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Silverhand - c'mon mate don't hold back - say what you think

yep I saw a little bit of him on TV speaking, but he didn't get on to his bloodline/reptilian stuff. I must get some to watch

From what I remember, he used to be Goalkeeper for Leicester City FC, then became a TV sports commentator, then for no apparent reason in the early 90's decided he was a latter day messiah with a message from mother earth and would only dress in blue (black was the colour of evil). Crop circles were messages from Mother Earth (not famers trying to cash in on American tourists - oh no!). then onwards to the conspiracy/reptilian stuff.

Who needs Chomsky, Pilger or Moore when David's here to pull the wool from our eyes.:D

Comment

Yes, I remember him :roll:

Wasn't 'V' on UK TV around the time he went bonkers?... about the mid 80's... Might explain the whole reptilian/human nonsense. . . .

Comment

O.K. maybe I was a bit unkind. It's just some people are eccentric & you can laugh along with them, they brighten up your day. He's just tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhand
                    O.K. maybe I was a bit unkind. It's just some people are eccentric & you can laugh along with them, they brighten up your day. He's just tedious.
                    Indeed.

If the "reptilian bloodline" is an idea he truly claims to believe,
                    it's curious in the extreme, and reminiscent of some
                    the more outrأ© (and perhaps crypto-racist) claptrap in the works
                    of people like Robert E. Howard (on his bad days).

It strikes me as at least conceivable that this fellow Icke is
                    using this notion to fuel sensationalist interest in a manner
                    analogous to that used by Von Daniken back in the '70s.
                    Some people buy these books for entertainment; some actually
                    believe the damned things. The writer doesn't care about
                    anything except $$.

(Was it John Sladek who wrote the funny send-up of such books,
                    called "Snowshoes of the Gods" ?)

LSN

Comment

Icke was interviewed fairly frequently following his initial "drop-out" from his day job presenting TV sports in the UK. His appearance at the time tended to indicate some kind of illness - he lost significant amounts of weight, skin very sallow, bags under his eyes, and his delivery on TV was pretty manic. Or maybe it was just the shock of the massive conspiracy he had uncovered? :roll:

Apart from his previous minor celebrity, what he had to say was pretty standard messianic / fascistic nonsense.
                      \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

The thing that always confuses me (and I wasn't going to mention this, but I'm trying to clear my head after checking out the "Eurocentrism" thread again) is that this "conspiracy" has supposedly been verified by a number of very reliable sources, but the anti-conspiracy movement still allow a hasbeen sports presenter to be their public face. This brings zero credibility to their message. I've been to the website, and the last time I looked it was a big homage to The Matrix, offering to show you "the truth" if you clicked on the correctly coloured pill. Again, this just reduces a supposedly serious infiltration of the world's government to the level of a bad joke.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the world isn't secretly being run by a group of cunningly disguised lizards. If I'm wrong... well that's a risk I'm prepared to take, frankly.

D...
                        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
                          Originally posted by silverhand
                          Indeed.

If the "reptilian bloodline" is an idea he truly claims to believe,
                          it's curious in the extreme, and reminiscent of some
                          the more outrأ© (and perhaps crypto-racist) claptrap in the works
                          of people like Robert E. Howard (on his bad days).

It strikes me as at least conceivable that this fellow Icke is
                          using this notion to fuel sensationalist interest in a manner
                          analogous to that used by Von Daniken back in the '70s.
                          Some people buy these books for entertainment; some actually
                          believe the damned things. The writer doesn't care about
                          anything except $$.

(Was it John Sladek who wrote the funny send-up of such books,
                          called "Snowshoes of the Gods" ?)

LSN
                          A genuine eccentric, is Patrick Moore, he wrote a great little book, Can you Speak Venusian? an affectionate send up of Flat Earthers, Hollow Earthers & the rest. He's the presenter of The Sky at Night one of the longest running programmes on TV, a xylophone player & unreconstructed Thatcherite (which should make me loathe him). But he's a genuine "character" & there's too few of them around.

Comment

Jeeeez 8O

I've just remembered reading a short story by Brian Aldiss 15 years ago about reptilians in disguise! think it was in Last Orders!!

I thought it rang a bell!

Comment

Mind you, apply the Icke-onoclast's theory to NuLabor, and maybe the thinking man's Frank Bough wasn't so far off the mark?

Frank Bough ------ now there was a sports presenter for you. Come to think of it, did MJM use him as the model for Rudy von Bek in The Brothel ...?
                              \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Working...
                              X