Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading right now? (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thingfish
    replied
    Nice one Kevin!
    All i need to know!!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin McCabe
    replied
    Passed out well before dawn TF. So, I still have a bit to go, but definitely . If you liked Neverwhere, I think you'll like Un Lun Dun. Its a bit different in tenor - more whimsy and not gothic - but it is very good. I kind of wish I read Un Lun Dun first and then read Kraken, rather than t'other way round.

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    How do you rate Un Lun Dun Kevin?
    I've been eyeing it up for a wee while now and if it gets the McCabe then im purchasing!!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin McCabe
    replied
    Almost finished with Un Lun dun. Likely before dawn. Then, back to the Le Guin. I am DEFINITELY staying clear of Dark Albert. Camus is a genius, but I'm up for the light. May sneak a few pages of either Swords and Roses or Into the Media Web in between.

Leave a comment:

• Guzzlecrank
    replied
    Didn't Wanderlust recently pick up a copy of The Telling as well, or did I spill some powder en route to the blunderbuss again?

You will certainly like that novel, TF. It's essentially a naturalist novel about people who live in a country you've never visited...except, of course, it's actually a novel about people who never lived on a planet that doesn't exist in a year that hasn't come about yet. Ergo, it's excellent!

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Same here GC!
    And another fine example of said concurrences of events is that im away to start later none other than The Telling by Ursula K LeGuin which was kindly supplied by Pebble

Leave a comment:

• Guzzlecrank
    replied
    Wrapped around the re-reads of Breakfast In The Ruins and Behold The Man, I finished Ursula Le Guin's The Telling last week, and I'm now 103 pages into Albert Camus' The Plague. Yep, those readings followed the posts from Kevin, Mike and Thingfish over on the "culture" thread...plus, weirdly enough, Mrs. GC and I went to dinner with some relatives back on the 20th and during the dinner discussion, it turned out that my uncle-in-law, who has been a member of the same book club in Manhattan for more than 40 years, is a huge fan of The Plague! Mrs. GC was stunned at the concurrence of events. And that's an example of the reasons why I check into this message board a lot.
    Last edited by Guzzlecrank; 12-30-2010, 03:50 PM. Reason: verb tense!

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Couldnt agree more Chris!
    Great characters,especially the demons!!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by thingfish View Post
    Am now on Angel Fire East,the third instalment of Terry Brooks' The Word and the Void!
    I read them in reverse order, so far excepting the first one - some day I'll come accross a copy, no doubt. None the worse for that. His best work, for me. Nice idea, nice idea for structuring the seriies also.

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Ah..I had a great time re-reading The Runestaff a while back Pebble!
    Enjoy!
    Im now on Hollywood by Gore Vidal

Leave a comment:

• Pebble
    replied
    I found myself getting board with the Oliver & Parrot book and picked up the first history of the Runestaff, The Jewel in the Skull. Finished in under a couple of days, first time I have re-read it since my early teens. Please to say it stood up very well, cracking place. On to book 2.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin McCabe
    replied
    Finishing up a book I started a long time ago, UnLunDun by China Mieville. Its a kids book, which just hits the right note with me at Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Just finished the Boyd which was great,kind of reminded me of Pyat in places.
    Am now away to start Hothouse by Brian Aldiss

Leave a comment:

• Soko
    replied
    The Well of the Unicorn

After the Well of the unicorn I'll read The scrayling tree.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Murphy View Post
    The last time I read most of the material - more than 20 years ago - was dictated by the order in which I could locate the paperbacks on Chorley and Preston markets.
    I picked up much of my early Moorcock collection from Preston market in the late 80's, Tom. We probably elbowed each other out of the way to get to one of the many bargains to be had.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X