Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading right now? (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I hate to admit it, but...

I've just re-started Revenge of the Rose. I got about ten pages in last year, was interrupted by something...then by life...and only now that we're in the dead of winter once more am I able to get back to my reading. I am liking this tale so far, though I must admit to loving Elric's more pathetic physical state in the beginning of Fortress of the Pearl a bit more.

das

Comment

I just finished Neuromancer. I was also reading a friend's feature-length novel manuscript, but I won't name that for privacy purposes; finished it on the same day as the Gibson.

My choices from here are a slim looking novel with wide pages called "Drinkwater", and another Gibson, "Pattern Recognition".
      Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

Originally posted by silverhand View Post
        I've just started re-reading The Jewel in the Skull. So far it's great, It's been so long since I first read it, so much I'd forgotten.
        I'm now starting, The Sword of the Dawn. I don't know if it's the passage of time, (40 years!) but Hawkmoon seems a right prig! And he seems to put onto Oladahn a bit, he always seems to be doing the menial work while Hawkmoon gets all broody. I definitely like D'Averc a lot this time around. And the books seem very thin, Mr. M seems to give us a lot more these days.
        Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Seems to be a lot of members reading Hawkmoon at the moment, I'm just under halfway through The Runestaff.
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I'm still on Storm of Swords, but I bought the new Jewel in the Skull and I'll be reading it again soon. It sure has a cool cover!
            Kevin McCabe
            The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Are Tor just a tad too late then Guv?

Comment

Rereading Paul Theroux's "Pillars of Hercules"
                Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Next up for me is Sleep has its House by Anna Kavan!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Right now I'm debating. About to go peruse the shelves and try and decide to hit the mystery/thiller section, the sf/fantasy section or just the general section. Who knows.

herb
                    herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

I have finished Hav by Jan Morris. It was a very clever, but not too knowing book. She brings out the best of what we would like to find in Europe and then the worst. Is this a book that is one of looking back.

Anyway, on to Lieut Gulliver Jones: His Vacation.
                      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

Finished A Clash of Kings, and how many cliffhangers does he leave? Moved onto The Red Prince by Timothy Snyder. I shall also be looking to finish The Runestaff sometime over the weekend (Look out Elwher. If I get bored, you'll be getting another list!) and I shall be moving on to the Castle Brass trilogy after that.
                        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I hope you don't get bored Guv!, I've stalled on uploading your previous lists - all my free time of late has been dedicated to getting a friend out of a bit of a pickle - that seems to be over so I might get back to them next week.

BTW reading The Sheepfarmer's Daughter by Elizabeth Moon.
                          Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy.

Comment

You're ok for a bit, I'm halfway through Count Brass instead.

'Course that means there'll soon be enough for another list...

Comment

Finished the Kavan and loved it from start to finish.
                              Now on Junkie by William Burroughs.
                              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

The Nature of the Catastrophe by Our Fearless Leader.
                                Kevin McCabe
                                The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Working...
                                X