Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What book are you reading right now? (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading a book of F. Scott Fitzgerald's short stories. (The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald : a new collection edited by Matthew J. Bruccoli. Scribner, 1989.) I'd forgotten what a fine writer he is in such short spaces.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
    - Mark Twain, notebook entry, 1898.

Comment

• After the rousing and thoroughly entertaining "Albertian" romp with Sir Richard Francis Burton, currently More Magic - a series of short stories based around Larry Niven's The Magic Goes Away, specifically one entitled Mana from Heaven by Roger Zelazny.
      Amid Chaos, Order arises; but even in Order there is Chaos.

Understands now that Corum did have a happy ending after all!

Comment

• Am hoping later to be together enough later to start Fabulous Harbours by O.F.L!!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Downtime (Dr. Who novel)
          Three Musketeers
          Royal Destiny
          Fall of the Camarilla

That's about it right now. Very small number for me.
          "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
          --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

• At the moment, I'm reading

Under the Dome by Stephen King

and

New Spring by Robert Jordan when UtD gets too bleak and depressing for me.

I've not chosen a graphic novel to read at the moment. I might re-read

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic which was a fantastic series with a great cast and one of the few Star Wars comics that really manage to grab the tone of the movies.

Comment

• re-reading sax rohmers fu manchu novels(am complete)as a guilty pulp pleasure and warhammer40k omnibus of calphais cain to cheer me up.
              my work book is a ghost stories anthology but soon to switch to alice through the looking glass(a old favourite)the novel not the film book which I also have.
              come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

• Done with the Ackroyd and what a fantastic book it was. Now reading Serpico by Peter Maas.
                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• Finished Fabulous Harbours and im realising how under-rated the Second Ether books are!
                  Next up-War Amongst the Angels.
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Hickory Dickory Dock - by Agatha Christie.

Comment

• Now that I have finished the Devils Acre.

A bit of light relaxation with MM's The Sleeping Sorceress
                      Last edited by Pebble; 09-22-2010, 11:30 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
                      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• Finished the second ether books and thoroughly enjoyed even more on second reading.
                        Next up is Time is the Simplest Thing by Clifford Simak

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Finished - Sleeping Sorceress and on to H G Wells - The Sleeper Wakes.
                          Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• just finished the new terry pratchett, "i shall wear midnight." written for kids but still brilliant.

Comment

• I excavated M. John Harrison's Viriconium from the chaos of my flat, and enjoyed reading the stories of tegeus-Cromis and Galen Hornwrack in fighting the Northmen and the geteit chemosit, and defeating the incursion of the Sign of the Locust ... next - tegeus-Cromis and the Lamia ... and of course, I was forgetting, JG Ballard's Vermillion Sands. Prima Belladonna sings you to sleep - you just better hope she allows you to wake!

And while doing that, on the non-fiction side I decided, since I've recently had an evolution-related neuroscience idea on the relationship of language and music, I've also dug up Guyton's Basic Neuroscience: Anatomy and Physiology, and am having a go at re-reading that as well.
                              sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
                              And incense the power of man with God
                              But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                              And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
                              by Peter Cape

Comment

• "The Old Knowledge, and Other Strange Stories" by Rosalie Parker published by Swan River Press (Dublin). The owner also runs the Bram Stoker Society.
                                ‘In real life people do not spend every minute shooting each other, hanging themselves or making declarations of love. They don’t spend every minute saying clever things. Rather they eat, drink, flirt, talk nonsense."

Comment

Working...
                                X