Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

James Clavell: 'Whirlwind'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Clavell: 'Whirlwind'

The last book of the 'Shogun' series and my "favourite."

A great story and insight into the culture of Iran.

This one should be made into a movie.

'Shogun(Richard Chamberlain) ,' 'Noble House(Piers Brosnan),' and 'King Rat(George Segal)' were all made into feature films. 'King Rat' starring George Segal being the best of the three IMO. Perhaps the storyline of Whirlwind is too complicated to translate to film?

I think Whirlwind is Clavell's best novel and definitely worth reading.

From the back cover:

"The gripping epic of a world-shattering upheaval that altered the destiny of nations. Trapped in a maelstrom of violence, men and women must barter for their very lives. Lovers struggle blindly against heartbreaking odds. And an ancient land battles to survive as a new reign of terror closes in."
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

agree with you on the above. the movies, as usual, don't quite live up to the book, although some come quite close. hopefully, elric will be the exception!

Comment

Working...
    X