Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What books have you recently given away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you all are feeling so charitable.......I'm always accepting donations

No need to go for that 5th copy of, Atlas Shrugged though. No offense but I would rather read Britney Spear's autobiography than Ayn Rand.
    "Run to the hills! Run for your life!" But first; nap!sigpic

Comment

Feeling virtuous and gave away my Tunnellers of the Great War to our lodger who is doing history at Uni.

I might have a set of Jack Absolute series to give away, if any one is interested and I can find the first one?
      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

I read one of those books years ago i think Pebble.
        Is he like a sort of Harry Flashman from a bit earlier.
        Cant remember what the book was called and have never seen it since but it really stuck with me for ages back then.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by thingfish View Post
          I read one of those books years ago i think Pebble.
          Is he like a sort of Harry Flashman from a bit earlier.
          Cant remember what the book was called and have never seen it since but it really stuck with me for ages back then.
          The first book is about the Saratoga campaign with Gentleman Johnny.

Next book goes back to his origins a la Poldark and the seige of Quebec. This book is odd as I have read Coram's Boy - the last book to make me cry with the Handel concert at the school appearing in it. Then the reference to the acting/plays in the Pantomime book, it seemed that there was a lot of fiction/non-fiction cross referencing. I did visit General Wolfe's house in Westerham recently, so there was quite a 'conjunction of spheres'.

Jack Absolute is another character from literature - appearing in Sheridain's School for Scandal - which I have not seen, so I don't quite know what part he played.
          Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

An Omelette and a Glass of Wine by Elizabeth David.
            Quite envious to give it away - a present I'd rather like to have kept for myself!

Comment

Gave a copy of Karakorum (1961, only English language edition) to an old friend and climbing buddy. Tells the story of the first European expedition verified to have gotten into the area and emerge with a whole skin. Up the Italians!
              Kevin McCabe
              The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Working...
              X