Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

56 days over Africa in a Helicopter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 days over Africa in a Helicopter

Two German photographers fullfilled their childhood dream and flew from Cairo to Capetown over Africa and took aerial pictures of what they saw (actually starting in Hamburg).
    Pretty sensational harvest: Africa from above! Never mind the German captions, it is the images that matter.

And here's some older Christmassy stuff of my own currently on display on our sister website
    Last edited by L'Etranger; 12-20-2006, 07:56 AM.
    Google ergo sum

Those African shots are amazing!!! Thanks for that, LE. I really do wish I could at least read German, but like you said, the images speak for themselves!

And I like your Ethiopian page, too. Must have been quite an experience!
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
      Those African shots are amazing!!!
      Got to agree with you there, Rose. They are absolutely stunning; some of them are quite mystifying, too. I think an explanation shouldn't neccessarily affect the impact of some of these shots.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Some of you will note that both Thesiger (of the other thread) and the German photographers photographhed the incredible churvh at Lalibela in Northern Ethiopia that is hewn from one gigantic rock:
        Thesiger 1960
        Poliza's Aerial view 2006

Of course I'm to notice as I go through life with a certain obsession with all things Ethiopian ... ... So "Malkam Gan'na" to you all, which is Merry Christmas in Amharic.
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger
          Some of you will note that both Thesiger (of the other thread) and the German photographers photographhed the incredible churvh at Lalibela in Northern Ethiopia that is hewn from one gigantic rock:
          Thesiger 1960
          Poliza's Aerial view 2006

Of course I'm to notice as I go through life with a certain obsession with all things Ethiopian ... ... So "Malkam Gan'na" to you all, which is Merry Christmas in Amharic.
          Hi L'Etranger,

That is really cool. Great picture! Most fascinating.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
          X