Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A small place in the Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small place in the Multiverse

This is Chiavari, the small town where I stay...
    http://it.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dal...f57scd&.src=ph

http://it.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dal.../ph//my_photos

Picts have been shot two hours ago
    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Very lovely series, Hieronymus!

I really love 0453- the mood of those stairs was immediately striking.

Thanks for these!
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

That one is the ruin, the rests, of a medieval home in the center of Chiavari,
      A local legend says it was the house of an alchemist, because in its column there are "strange" signs.
      But really it was part of a monastery during the XV century.
      Most part of the center of this town is medieval so it's easy to meet stairs, arches, columns and stones.
      That door with iron bullets is an ancient door of XVI cent.
      Il show you more picts soon Rose
      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Great shots, nice looking place, thanks for the tour Hieronymus.
        "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

I've just added new picts of today in the morning
          http://it.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dal...m?.dir=5f57scd

Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Yes! Medieval!!!
            Hieronymus, would someone there like to adopt me? I was thinking about Canada, but... they seem to be up to their ears in Americans of late
            Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
            -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

I'd be very happy of having you here Rose
              Chiavari ( and those places as others in Italy ) are good places to live in, we have good service etc, unfortunately we are expensive and there is no great job's opportunity, and actual governament is worse than before...but we have a good weather ( too much hot in last years ) and good food...
              But every town here ( Chiavari, Lavagna, Zoagli, Portofino, Rapallo, Santa Margherita etc ) are very small and "isolated" from the rest of Italy...
              Last edited by Hieronymus; 12-12-2006, 07:49 AM.
              Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Great views, Dal, and not a single tourist!

I keep telling people - Italy is close to paradise. If they could only solve their garbage habbits ...

Thank you for showing us Chiavari.
                It is this one, right?
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger
                  If they could only solve their garbage habbits ...

Thank you for showing us Chiavari.
                  It is this one, right?
                  You're welcome L'E .
                  Yes it is right. In that Google vision from sky you can see my home...
                  You have to go to your left, on the seashore ( from center ).
                  At your left you can see a "strange" building ( from above it seems a cross or an eagle . it is an ancient building in fascist style in fact ).
                  Before it ( on your right ) you'd see a crossing way ( acrossing the railway )
                  To 1 hours, beyond that "avenue" with trees, there are two twin buildings ( grey rooves ), and then , at the end of the way a little building with the light grey roof: I stay here

Ooops, I hope to have been able to explane...I'm not too much sure...
                  Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

New picts from San Matteo ( Saint Matthew ) near Viadana, near Mantova ( Mantua ) and cats

http://it.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dal...uspf/my_photos
                    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

Comment

Beautiful and very clean Hieronymus. I love the designs of the buildings and streetscapes. My youngest daughter is going to Italy on a tour in March. I know she is going to Pompeii but I'll have to find out what other destinations they are going to visit on the tour. She is a very good kid but being 18yrs. old she is a little boy crazy. Are there any threats that she should be aware of while going out dancing at night?

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                        Beautiful and very clean Hieronymus. I love the designs of the buildings and streetscapes. My youngest daughter is going to Italy on a tour in March. I know she is going to Pompeii but I'll have to find out what other destinations they are going to visit on the tour. She is a very good kid but being 18yrs. old she is a little boy crazy. Are there any threats that she should be aware of while going out dancing at night?
                        All South of Rome is a bit of a nerve test for unaccompanied girls, I'd say, with so many young men not accepting that a girl is unaccompanied. But real danger? No! Won't harm to have a couple of friends' addresses in her notebook and not to keep all the money in one place. The Italians are generally very courteous, and if she's with a group she shouldn't worry at all. Perhaps you have Italian immigrants in the neighbourhood who can recommend a couple of places and people, perhaps even deliver something "from America" and she'll be just fine.
                        My own daughter flew to Naples with her boy-friend last year - and Naples is a bit dicier than most places - but nothing, nothing, nothing happened (though once they were offered cocaine - which of course they politely refused).
                        Most important wherever you travel - don't carry an invisible sign around your neck saying: VICTIM. In other words: be confident with open eyes.

Over to Dal, now: Che pensa tu?
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Thanks for the sound advice L'E.
                          It is quite enthusing.

Comment

Me Dummy! You are Canadians - even less to worry as nobody is bound to chat you up with unwanted discussions about foreign politics, Iraq and stuff.

Anywhere near Toronto, incidently? My late godfather was at the university there, head of German dept.
                            Google ergo sum

Comment

Yes we're 40 minutes southwest of Toronto in a city named Hamilton. Hamilton is a steel manufacturing town with all of the furnaces, ore docks and meltshops that go hand in hand with the same.
                              My daughter is also visiting; Rome, Florence, Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, and then on to Greece, where she will visit Delphi and Athens.
                              She's going to have a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X