Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Captive Airship Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captive Airship Photography

Specifically, use of a tethered airship in the making of a panoramic shot of San Francisco in ruins after the great quake of '06.

Then, a modern day recreation of it 100 years later, using a helicopter instead.

Super cool.
    Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
    -Yousuf Karsh

very interesting

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Cool. Pity the newer picture could not be saved.

'course, on o' these days, I'm gonna have to get me a great big GIANT printer. Lots of good shots at NASA, too. I try to never miss their Astronomy Picture of the Day. http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
      Miqque
      ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

That is some very cool space photography!

It's sad that that sort of stuff is not found in more magazines and television programs.

There is a wealth of great stuff out there, and most people never see it.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hey, lemec, there is usually (about 65% of the time) a really nice featured photograph on www.comcast.net (my ISP). Sometimes it's just a rock in the water, but of numerous sites I've been on it's got a consistent "cool photo".

The other NASA site is Image of the Day, which I should have mentioned.
          http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/index.html
          NASA also has live video every time there is a launch. It's the best government site around.

Miqque

Comment

Very cool, Rose. Thanks!

Originally posted by Miqque
            Cool. Pity the newer picture could not be saved.
            Which image could yu not get, Miqque? I was able to save everything (except the image with the zoom-in applet).
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
              Very cool, Rose. Thanks!

Which image could yu not get, Miqque? I was able to save everything (except the image with the zoom-in applet).
              I couldn't get the image with the zoom-in applet.
              Miqque

Comment

Yeah, I looked at the source code and they're calling the image out using Flash, thereby keeping me from locating the direct path to the image.
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by Miqque
                  Hey, lemec, there is usually (about 65% of the time) a really nice featured photograph on www.comcast.net (my ISP). Sometimes it's just a rock in the water, but of numerous sites I've been on it's got a consistent "cool photo".

The other NASA site is Image of the Day, which I should have mentioned.
                  http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/index.html
                  NASA also has live video every time there is a launch. It's the best government site around.

Miqque.

Thank you,Thank you! That's mighty kind.

I do have a renewed interest in things like this.

I do enjoy seeing those photographs! :)

When I look at those rockets, it makes me wonder how many military rockets are launched per year. I saw on the PX forum, that one web site that had those military pictures on, one of them was a rocket launching a satellite.

I am eager to see more cool photographs!

I think I need to sign up for the comcast, so I will do so.

Magnificent stuff!

-and,as I say often, very cool!!!

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                  X