Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Most Accurate Elric Depiction IMHO--Resin Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darth Cypher
    replied
    Very nice but maybe a little to "Final Fantasy IV concept art" like.
    This manga-Elric looks like a mix of Cecil Harvey as Dark Knight & Paladin.
    However for japanese/manga style model this is quite a perspicacious for a Champion searching the balance between Law & Chaos to be inspired by an hero switching from Darkness to Light.

Like in previous post I also like the "Witchblade" look of Stormbringer as finally it should be "illogical" for a chaotic/demon weapon to be perfectly symmetrical as we generally see it.
    Siudmak for the french edition cover "Elric des Dragons" at "PRESSES POCKET" tried also to go away from this perfect symmetry but didn't go far away
    http://booknode.com/le_cycle_d_elric..._055959/covers

Anyway, I found a set a painted version

Kotobukiya - Elric Stormbringer Statue 01 by Ed Speir IV, on Flickr

Kotobukiya - Elric Stormbringer Statue 02
    by Ed Speir IV, on Flickr
    Last edited by Darth Cypher; 10-08-2015, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mjp808
    started a topic Most Accurate Elric Depiction IMHO--Resin Model

Most Accurate Elric Depiction IMHO--Resin Model

Having read and absorbed the Elric series, I have to submit that the most accurate depiction of Elric, in all the art I've seen over the years is this Japanese resin kit. The tapered skull, cheekbones, long aquiline nose, slanted almond eyes, thin but sinewy muscles. The half-demon, alien Melnibonean beauty, almost inhuman.
    Too often, depictions of Elric look too "human", or just ignore descriptions written in the books wholesale. Even Stormbringer in this model beautifully reflects the "alien craftsmanship" and "sentient" quality. The dragon "taking flight" helmet, armour--it's all there. Takayuki Takeya, who sculpted this model, really absorbed the writings and integrated them sublimely.

I would love to know Michael's opinion. Thanks

Close ups, un-painted

Google Images
    Last edited by mjp808; 03-20-2015, 10:07 PM.
Working...
X