Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Famous Sci-fi And Fantasy Authors In Their Workspaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Sci-fi And Fantasy Authors In Their Workspaces

I recently stumbled across this page of famous Sci-fi/Fantasy authors photographed in their workspaces, and thought I'd pass it along. There are additional images in the comments section below the article.
    “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Hey Brian, thanks for this link. My favorite pictures are the ones from Gaiman ( he really found out a great place to work ) and Cory Doctorow ( not that I had read him, it is just cool to see a wall of books just like he has in his working room ).
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Famous Sci-fi And Fantasy Authors In Their Workspaces

Is there a foto of mr moorcock at his workspace. I would find that intresting. He is sadly missing from the list.

Comment

Originally posted by fammann View Post
        Is there a foto of mr moorcock at his workspace. I would find that intresting. He is sadly missing from the list.
        I agree! One of us should dig one up and post it in the comments section.
        “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, here's a pic of Mike at his desk at the age of seventeen.

Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 09-21-2013, 05:41 AM.
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I thought this link was relevant to this topic:

Ray Bradbury home for sale in Cheviot Hills

Comment

Working...
            X