Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Some familiar-looking "elves" by Wendy Pini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some familiar-looking "elves" by Wendy Pini

First off: this is a link to a gallery site where people can sell or exhibit original comic book art and related pieces. Some of it is posted by the artists themselves; others are posted by people who own pieces of art. Some are for sale and some are just 'on display'. As far as I know it's all unique pieces; you can't just scan a page of a book and put it up there.

If it smells too much like copyright violation I'll take this down. Please let me know.

So. This is a painting by Wendy Pini. The owner/exhibitor of the piece simply calls it "Elves" and says it was done in 1976.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...532&GSub=76945

The 'elf' on the throne looks awfully familiar, especially if you take into account his big black sword. And the dragons. And the ruby throne. If it's Elric, that could be Cymoril on the right, although the fellow on the left doesn't look anything like Yyrkoon.

I know that the Pinis wanted to do an animated Elric movie, although I'm not sure of the timeline. Is this a little bit of it?

Interesting. If she/they had expressed a desire to make an animated movie in the past, it may very well be related.
    “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

A quick check of the WIkipedia showed that Ms Pini actually wrote a book over her attempts to turn the Stormbringer series into animation. Available to read, on her Masque of the Red Death site, too.

http://www.masque-of-the-red-death.c...haos/index.php

By the looks of the bottom of this page, Wendy Pini and her artwork for Elric, has come up before on MM.

Personally, I much prefer her work on Elric to the Elfquest stuff. Purely personal taste, though.

Comment

Pietro,

Upon viewing that website -- and clicking through the extensive images -- I am left with the sense that it is nothing less than a labor of love...
        “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

After I posted I found the Law & Chaos site. I think the blond on the left in the painting must by Dyvim Slorm.

I feel like making an account on Comic Art Fans just to leave a note for the owner... those aren't elves.

Comment

Working...
          X