Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Grand Manan Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Manan Photos

Hey folks. Just thought I'd let you know I uploaded a whack of images of a spot on our wee isle. The photos have been stepped on pretty hard, but you can still get an idea of the trail. Can be found here within Community / Picures & Albums. Cheers.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 08-11-2010, 07:52 AM. Reason: Added clickable links
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Some lovely views there, WL, must be great having something like that on your doorstep.
    Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 08-11-2010, 09:39 AM.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

It's none too shabby, Guv'.

I'll eventually get some more shots of other areas hereabouts. Mate of mine has been promising me a boat ride for weeks now. Really hoping to get some shots of the high side of the isle.

Thanks for the help with this stuffage.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Glad you worked out how to create your own album, I certainly couldn't remember how to do it!
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Oh, it took some trying. Still didn't manage to get them in the order I'druthered. Too bad there isn't a album management thingie. Ah well, no biggie.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Great photos WL.
            Stunning scenery.
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Thanks Things. Love to be able to show you guys the detail. Maybe I'll upload some stuff to a space and link to it.

---------------later--------------

Uploaded them to a chunk of space, with a higher rez. Here: http://islescapes.ca/Anchorage/

Unfortunately I'm currently too damn lazy to sort out an index file for the shots, so it's click and back.

Makes more sense, this, than using up space here. A link's just as good these days, no?
              Last edited by Wanderlust; 08-11-2010, 01:25 PM.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

These are great WL, beautiful shots of a beautiful place. Might be an optical illusion, but it looks like you can see the curvature of the earth in a couple of these - wow!

Comment

Bad ass! That looks like a magnificent place to live and work. Thanks a lot for linking us up with all of those photos, which are quite nicely done. As an absolute city dweller at this point in my life, let me say that I am extremely jealous of your daily surroundings!

Comment

Originally posted by The Jeopardised Leprechaun View Post
                    These are great WL, beautiful shots of a beautiful place. Might be an optical illusion, but it looks like you can see the curvature of the earth in a couple of these - wow!
                    That may actually be the cam-neophyte in me, JL. I think I unknowingly had the cam set for wide-angle. Don't you love second hand shite with no manuals?

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Guzzlecrank View Post
                      Bad ass! That looks like a magnificent place to live and work. Thanks a lot for linking us up with all of those photos, which are quite nicely done. As an absolute city dweller at this point in my life, let me say that I am extremely jealous of your daily surroundings!
                      Spent most of my life in and about cities as well, Guzz, and am now a great fan of visiting them.

As much as life can be slow here at times I'm pretty sure I wouldn't trade it at this point in my life.

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ah, your pictures wake my yearning to get away. In German we have a word for it - "Fernweh" ("distant-ache"). Yet the African country of my childhood is first on the list, but maybe then...
                        Cheers!
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

It's quite a thing to try and work out just how/why Knarly chose to grow as he did. P'haps cos he's a "bassard"? (using the net-friendly Billy C term)

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                            It's quite a thing to try and work out just how/why Knarly chose to grow as he did. P'haps cos he's a "bassard"? (using the net-friendly Billy C term)
                            Har!

BTW folks, there's a might nassie-ass storm here right now and I've uploaded some footage to my web-space for any that want a gander:

http://www.islescapes.ca

Click the Oh_Jeebus.avi link. For the life of me I can't remember how to have this stream. Just been out of web construction for too long I guess. It's a fairly large file at 77meg, but lots of crashing waves and an idiot's (me) commentary at the end. Cheers.

edit ------

Some folk have been having a hard time grabbing this and a few are getting it jes' dandy. Anyone choosing to waddle yer head head at this clip please let me know if it's not happening for you.
                            Last edited by Wanderlust; 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wicked, WL! More sea storm footage from El Norte!

Comment

Working...
                              X