Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Beautiful Libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Libraries

I can but dream....

http://curiousexpeditions.org/?p=78
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Amazing shots of amazing libraries!
    Cheers Groakes.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I totally agree. This could make for a fun poll. Thanks Brother Groakes.
      Kevin McCabe
      The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Holy crap, did you guys see that library in Rio? Groakes, I had no idea this sort of online photo archive existed! Many thanks!

Comment

Thank you for the link : it is wonderful !
          Papi

Comment

Wow. Amazing stuff, man. Not the greatest shot of the interior of Canada's Library of Parliment, so how about a shot of the exterior.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Parliament.jpg
            Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thats one impressive looking building WL.
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                Thats one impressive looking building WL.
                'Tis Things. Too bad I lived there for 8 years and never stepped inside. More fool me, bless my soul (apologies to Eno).
                Last edited by Wanderlust; 08-05-2010, 01:45 PM.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ah i know that feeling WL.
                  I was the same with my local art gallery/museum,a cracking old victorian building,until a few years back.
                  Love that Eno track.
                  (Is that off Here Come the Warm Jets or Tiger Mountain?)

Last edited by thingfish; 08-05-2010, 02:51 PM.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I'll send that link to my old man, he was a librarian, if in a more modern building
                    http://final-frame-final.blogspot.com/

Comment

TF, that's Dead Finks don't Talk from the Warm Jets. A top ten in my books.

Lovely building, btw.

I had to send this library link off to one of my old prof's, he's as staggered by it as we. Though, I suspect he's been in more than a couple of them.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Of course!
                        Great album!
                        Cheers WL

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Thomas Fuller, the first architect for the building above, was the lead architect for the awesome "Gothic Revival"-style Library of Parliament in Canada. The NY State Capitol Building is one of my favorite buildings in NY, despite the fact that it's periodically populated with Empire State scoundrels of the worst kind: New York legislators!
                          Last edited by Guzzlecrank; 08-07-2010, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Some great shots here.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/111440

This is the local library in Dorking, which the council is trying to move into the St Martin's walk shopping centre. I suspect the next thing if to turn in it to private housing a la Norbury Park.
                            Last edited by Pebble; 08-08-2010, 05:34 AM. Reason: forgot link
                            Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

Thanks for the info', Guzz. I wasn't aware of the connection. Mighty beautiful structure there, too bad about the inhabitants, but then again you know what creeps about the halls of our grand, gothic parliment.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X