Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stone forests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone forests

A very strange landscape indeed, the tsingi of Madagascar.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...ez-photography
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Beautiful pictures, Gov.

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Stunning pics Gov!!

Cheers.
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Awesome. Makes me wish I was there...

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Wow, that series is quite a visual trip. Lemurs appear in several Wm. S. Burroughs novels, as I recall.

Comment

Whoa, Guv'. Thanks very much for this. Never new it existed. Fantastique scapes.
              Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wow! thanks Guv, incredible! Are these kind of like stalagmites without a cave?
                Kevin McCabe
                The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Well it's limestone but it's erosion rather than deposition that have left them like this. The sheer scale of them is staggering.
                  You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

That makes sense. And, I agree, the sheer size is staggering. But, if I might add...staggering in its beauty. Thanks again!
                    Kevin McCabe
                    The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

That's something I really want to see...

Comment

Thre's something mildly similar in Bolivia the Moon Valley (La Valle de la Luna). A number of reasons, I suspect, lead to a far less opulent nature being there: the altitude of about 3600 metres above sea level and the proximity to the big city of La Paz whence many, many tourists come to see the stone park every day who by their clambering about the plave disencourage animmals to breed.
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                        X