Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

FOUND: Lost sketchbook of 'Colonel Pyat.'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUND: Lost sketchbook of 'Colonel Pyat.'

A mysterious figure has been noted amongst the wreckage of the demolished Convent in Notting Hill, scrounging for loose change and odd tidbits which have been seen posted for auction on EBAY, under the user ID, MLesquoc.

I went ahead of him one day, and left a 5 pound note on a slab of masonry near the alter. I left through a wire fence, and returned via Kensington Park Road to Blenheim Crescent in time to see him digging in the rubble, taking photographs, and staring bewilderingly at the tragedy of the demolished Convent.

The money was gone, of course. I noticed a large folder had been placed on the slab of masonry, where the note had been left. I waited until he was gone, then went over to investigate. It was a large manila folder bound with a leather strap. I opened the folder to find a large sketchbook with the name, Maxim Arturovitch Pyatnitski, printed in calligraphic red ink on the cover.

Maxim Arturovitch Pyatnitski, otherwise known as 'Colonel Pyat,' or 'the old Pole,' in the Portobello Road area seems to have left behind shematics and sketches for amazingly advanced vehicles and weapons. It appears Mr. Pyatnitski was more than just a thrift shop owner.

I have no idea why this might have been left in the care of the scrounging 'Mlesquoc,' or why he would have left the sketches for me in exchange for the 5 pound note. I do feel I got the better of the bargain, however.

The images in the sketchbook are very imaginative, if unrealistic, but definitely ahead of their time. Below appear some of the more interesting visions from one of the most brilliant mazed minds of the 20th century:

[link expired]

don't know what happened, but the links are now incorrect...
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Nice find MJR, I think I may have seen some of them before somewhere.
    Any idea where that might have been?
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't Gerry Anderson on his way back from a hard session at Games Workshop? :roll:

Comment

These are from Space Wars, Worlds and Weapons [broken link]again, aren't they?

Cheers,
        Ant
        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

:P

Comment

Re: FOUND: Lost sketchbook of 'Colonel Pyat.'

misc charge==serious; level:prosecutionliable; offender==%1user; CIAstate == level8

[public begin]

These scetches are most interesting. We don't usually get such accurate details of your reality in the time zone where I currently reside. Just one thing....

[unless you're the direct recipient of this message or an emplyee of the CIA, please quit reading now, or you'll be liable to prostitution]

This mysterious Monsieur Lesqocc's identity is being challenged by a complainer who is considering legal action. Our complainer is claiming that a certain Maxim Pyanitski is posing as the inventor of innumarable inventions claimed by our client, Dr. W.v.Braun, esq. Please note that an organazation that is NOT IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CIA is currently investigating the case.

[public end]

Certain references have been made between M. Lesquoc and French mystery writers of the early 20th century (notably Maurice LeRouge and Maurice LeBlanc), leading to as yet unconfirmed theories that suspect could be guilty of hallucinations that current legislation might be improved. Please watch and report back.
            "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
              These are from Space Wars, Worlds and Weapons [broken link]again, aren't they?
              Yup! They are indeed.
              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 02:01 PM.
              "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
              --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

misc charge==serious; level:prosecutionliable; offender==%1user; CIAstate == level8

[public begin]

These scetches are most interesting. We don't usually get such accurate details of your reality in the time zone where I currently reside. Just one thing....

[unless you're the direct recipient of this message or an emplyee of the CIA, please quit reading now, or you'll be liable to prostitution]

This mysterious Monsieur Lesqocc's identity is being challenged by a complainer who is considering legal action. Our complainer is claiming that a certain Maxim Pyanitski is posing as the inventor of innumarable inventions claimed by our client, Dr. W.v.Braun, esq. Please note that an organazation that is NOT IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE CIA is currently investigating the case.

[public end]

Certain references have been made between M. Lesquoc and French mystery writers of the early 20th century (notably Maurice LeRouge and Maurice LeBlanc), leading to as yet unconfirmed theories that suspect could be guilty of hallucinations that current legislation might be improved. Please watch and report back.

AAccchhh! I will never get the recognition I truely deserve! My ideas and inventions are always stolen from me. Brodman continues to torment me!

'My ship is called Die Schwester and she is myself. My ship is called Das Kind and she is everything I ever dreamed. Meyn Shif genannt Di Heym. Meyn shif is called Di Triumf. Jemand ist ertrunken. Widerhallen...Yehudi?'

They put a piece of metal in my stomach. металл в моем животе

The pain never leaves. боль!

Mother...Capt. Brown...Meine Esme'...

Now, where's the rest of my sneg?

The whereabouts of the above-mentioned sketchbook is currently unkown. A message was found within, hinting at the location of the famed holy grail. The sketchbook went missing shortly thereafter, and is believed to be in the possession of one Ms. Brunner.

Translucent red ocean; volume holding constant, temperature holding constant at 37 degrees Celsius. This vermilion sea contains all necessary components to sustain life. It’s usually dark, but when there is light, it reflects off of the horizon in flashes, as if off of a pane of glass. It is a closed environment.
                An opening to the outside world is created. A small volume of the same red liquid containing thousands of identical entities is released into the ocean and the opening is immediately shut. The sea is turbulent. Waves form and crash against the boundaries. The entities float aimlessly amongst one another in the roiling liquid. Soon it is dark again, and the sea has calmed. The entities released into the medium gently settle to bottom after time. The bottom is smooth, uniform, and inviting. Series of morphologic changes occur within each entity. Tendrils extend and reach out to adhere to the alluring seabed.

In a small research lab in southern California, Dr. Jerry Cornelius puts his flask of cells back into the incubator. These are the stem cells Jerry is using to hopefully create a clone of the infamous Col. Pyat. According to an overheard conversation between Ms. Brunner and Bishop Beesley, Jerry discerned that the grail somehow resides within the stomach of Col. Pyatnitski!

The Alchemical Solution did not last. Jerry is calling for a Biological Solution...
                \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

:?

I'm actually clueless, though the name does sound familiar. Did not show up on Google.

Was just having some fun...

Hope all is well.

Comment

Aha...found this in a 'night-shade-books' web-discussion regarding last names:

mjm:
                    The Spanish word is Gallibasta. That's why you'll see a Migual Juan Gallibasta turning up here and there in my stuff...
                    Watch for Mr Korhoen. He could be slipping in
                    somewhere fairly soon.
                    Much obliged, pard!

not sure how it ties in with this thread still, though. Will Mr. Korhoen
                    or Miguel Juan Gallibasta be making an appearance in an upcoming book shortly? Something to look forward to...

Comment

I'm no expert, but maybe you should take up some writing? It's all for fun here! No worries. :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                        OK. Does the name Miguel Juan Gallibasta mean anything to you jokers ?
                        Nothing whatsoever. And The Office still denies having heard of the Fellini Silver, either. :lol:
                        "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Working...
                        X