Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Vengeance of Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vengeance of Rome

When will The Vengeance of Rome be published?

It's supposed to be this year. Why, it could even be in printing right now! I can't wait for this "Pyat Meets Mussolini"...
    "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

As I understand it, it's in the Cape catalogue now. Might be worth checking to see if they have a website. They are part of the Random House group, UK.

Comment

Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere,
        And build them a home
        A little place of their own.
        And they can appear to themselves every day
        On closed circuit TV.
        It's the only connection they feel.
        Thats a great song man! Pink Floyd rock so much.

Comment

I made a mistake. I'd assumed Autumn 05 for publication but I'd got it wrong. Vengeance will be out in January 06 together with Vintage editions of the three other books.
          Mike M

Comment

Eeek! Now I'm getting someone else's avatar!
            This isn't doing my identity any good...
            MM

Comment

This new hermaphrodite/ stereotype-colour-reversal CrowSeer Avatar special is popular - L. Stearns Newburg and at least two others as well as mein host...It's rather nice: I personally am often in touch with my feminine side, but I've turned the mobile off so she can't nag me :lol:

Comment

"You're all individuals!"

"We're all individuals!"

"What I mean is, you're all different!"

"We're all different!"

(small voice) "I'm not..."

LSN

Comment

I must admit to disliking having an avatar thrust upon me. I very deliberately avoided choosing one, because I just didn't want one, and none of those in the image library appealed to me, even though there are some interesting images there.

I suppose I could choose the "No Avatar" avatar, but it seems almost an affectation in its own right.

The current, somewhat Jungian-anima default Avatar is (to me) sort of unpleasant. I definitely don't like the colors; as for the imagery, it's not my sort of statement.

LSN

Comment

Fortunately, I was able to go to my profile and delete it. My suspicion is that Berry had a tool that permitted him to set the default across the board for people who didn't have avatars. I just hit "delete avatar," and I think it is now gone.

It was a good joke while it lasted, of course, in a Monty Python sort of way. :lol:

LSN

Comment

Hey, Adlerian! What's an 'avatart'? A particularly flirty image? Don't tell mrs M!

Comment

Why do I feel like that fool in the movies who walks in on a murder scene and picks up the smoking gun just as the police arrive?

"It wasn't me! I know it's my gun, and my fingerprints are all over it now, but it really wasn't me!!"

:(
                        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I don't have any choice. I've tried logging in with a different username and it tells me I'm doing something wrong. The simple fact is that this site won't recognise me through my server. I've recently run new virus checks and have found nothing. At some point I think I'll go over to my lap-top, hook it up and try there. The irony with that is that while travelling I failed to log on and Linda had to log on under her name. I can now log on as a guest, but can't remember her password and keep forgetting to ask her!
                          Is this a crisis of identity. I remember reading about them, like rites of passage, and wondering why I'd never known either. :)

Comment

How about: "The single most important publishing event in the English novel since Conrad."

No, I made it up, really. No pressure, Mike. Roll on Spring 2006.

Comment

Working...
                            X