Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Jerry Cornelius Novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks, David. I've sent them out and waiting; meanwhile I'm networking, mostly with academics; I've sent out 130 or so postcards (PM your snail address and I'll send you (or anyone) a card). At the suggestion of Kent State U PhD student and Science Fiction Resource Association organizer Jason Ellis -- http://dynamicsubspace.net/ -- I've started a blog. My promotion activities have slowed up the past month because of school but I will return to New York next week with brushed-up gusto to start pushing again. Kai Robb is working on an illustrated edition, (more of his work can be seen at the blog) and I am working on a sequel and it's going to be savage--including Professor Pop's burden, Rabbi Dada's clipper Death is No Obstacle, and Jesus with a sword over his shoulder stacking skulls in a pile; meanwhile I'm working the highbrow schtick as Mustard Lid moves forward to publish Diogenes--Mr. Newburg is preparing an introduction. Other Mustard Lid news is a novella collection with a new Bronson Bodine adventure. . . at this point waiting for Perdix to cough up his bit, but it's tricky using the computer while flying that biplane. Pitch control is impossible.

And friends from this forum have very kindly posted reviews at Amazon. Thanks!

In addition to Amazon, THC is available in Manhattan at St Mark's Books in the East Village/NYU. Sold out at Book Culture in Morningside Heights/Columbia U (former Labyrinth Books, just down the street from St John's, actually, and mentioned in the novel); I'll drop off more next week, and also should get it into Forbidden Planet, near NYU.

A lot of work doing this stuff.

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
    If somewhat incroyable.
    If I can't have wealth I shall take luxury.

Now that it's cooled down it strikes me as even madder than I first thought, but all in a good way. It also looks wordy sometimes but friends tell me not to bother, the prose draws them in just fine. My desire to write more directly and more economically is like a gnawing hunger. Don't look back and march forward. And so on....
    Last edited by nalpak retrac; 03-18-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
      If somewhat incroyable.
      Always good to be reminded the English language is utterly vast!

Comment

Dear all,

Can someone tell me, please, if there's a way to get hold of a copy of Tally Ho, Cornelius! without going via Amazondotscum whose electronic threshold I refuse to cross (at least with my wallet open)?

Thanx & best,

John.

Comment

THC is published by Mustard Lid Press, prop. a feline named Perdix, sometime denizen of this parish. Possibly a well-placed Private Message to him might result in some mutual benefit? I daresay the Insane Experimenter* is also able to put you in touch with him privately if need be.

*aka 'Mad Scientist'
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

John:

THC is available in New York City at Forbidden Planet and Book Culture. However, if you live in the UK Mr. Perdix might be the best resource. If nothing turns up, send me a PM and I will help you get a copy.

MS

Comment

Dear all,

Thanx loads!

I'll be in the States at the end o' this month; but, for the first time I can remember in many, many trips there, won't be able to make N.Y.C.

So yes, I'll definitely contact Perdix direct, and/or the Mad Scientist.

Best,

John.

Comment

What's so bad about Amazon? Or Wal-Mart, for that matter? Why is the Kindle an abomination?

These folks have made the world a richer place, especially for those, like me, who live in the back of beyond, with limited access to music, films and books beyond the selection offered by the small local merchants.

I'm an old man, my life is empty and lonely, save for the internet, and all the many wonders it brings to my otherwise desolate home.

Truly, we have Aladdin's lamp, and we should rejoice in our good fortune.(oh, there you are, Cuthbert, come along, that's a good squid.....

Comment

You might find some clues why not everyone thinks of Amazon as God's gift to Mankind in this thread:

Amazon affecting small press publishing
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
                    You might find some clues why not everyone thinks of Amazon as God's gift to Mankind in this thread:

Amazon affecting small press publishing
                    Yeah, and now I feel guilty for buying from them.

Of course, I think most everything I've bought from them (or their sellers) is out of print, save for TMD, but that was before I knew better...

God, I'm such a sinner.

das

Comment

Which reminds me....

A cache of postcards featuring Kai Robb's stunning cover art for THC has recently been discovered amongst the papers of Dr. Thomas-Jaun Komokamuchi, the famed Victorian explorer. I would be happy to send a card to anyone sending a snail address to my PM.

How's that for on-line small press public relations!

Comment

Tally-Ho! Cornelius reads to me like a Moorcock endorsed Jerry Cornelius origin story: the mold from which all the other Jerrys sprung from. Paradoxical since Cappy knew of the Loop, yet Cappy commissioned its creation.

It took me a long time to read this relatively short 215 page novel because I was sounding out the words one by one. It has a cadence that really works, and you can chant the sounds as you go. Is this effect intended, or a pleasant accident?

I really enjoyed this book. You end up not liking the postmodern divine very much while you can't help but be impressed by him, but at the end of it all, you start feeling very sorry for him because the perfection he finds in himself and hopes to find reflected in others fails him. And you go away from it unsure about how you feel about it all, but want to brush up with another roundabout.

Comment

Working...
                        X