Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Visible Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks, krakenten. Very nice of you. Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Nature, no less!

Of course Jerry's science is the power of metaphor and analogy, a linguistic Universe. Brain stretching stuff.

New thought maps for old. Just what young theoretical physicists need most.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks,Berry. Actually, I can't find my own copy of the manuscript, so if I need one I can use the one here!

Leave a comment:

• krakenten
    replied
    Only you, Michael Moorcock!

Nobody, not even Pyncheon, can write metafiction like you!

You are, quite simply, THE MAN! in this field.

These stories give me headaches, but then, so do chocolates, and I love them too!

What I would give to be able to produce fiction like this, or to even have a steady supply of it.

On this, your birthday, I tell you, you own this sort of story, lock, stock and two smoking barrels!

Thanks!
    (I just have to read the Colonel Piat books, right away! I never even knew they existed until about two months ago.)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Re the NATURE story -- I don't usually like to offer too much rationalisation for what's going on, but NATURE seemed the ideal place to do some!
    Thanks, John. I hope one turns up soon!

Leave a comment:

• johneffay
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
    MODEM TIMES is out in the Second Solaris book of SF, though I don't think I've had a copy yet.
    You must be the only one here then, Mike. I was impressed to see that it is even available in Waterstones.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    MODEM TIMES is out in the Second Solaris book of SF, though I don't think I've had a copy yet.

Leave a comment:

• Eidos
    replied
    Haha, i always enjoyed the explanations of scale and shifting in the multiverse, i think this is the first time i have heard jerry explain it, which leads me to wonder, when he starts in the original books, do they shift scales automatically, in the bastable books, Una tells Bastable, that they sometimes forget sections of their lives to fit into a universe better, understanding this, could it be that they can forget that they change scale and do it automatically? just musing i guess :)

Leave a comment:

• corneliusfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island View Post
    Very nice, Herr Fuchs, thank you. I see Jerry is messing about with scale now, tying him in more directly with the Second Ether. Tasty.
    thanks for this. I'm over a year late in learning about this story. Looking forward very much to the (planned/possible) Modem Times. I have felt for some while now that we are living in a cross between 1984 and the fractured apocalypses of the Cornelius Chronicles.

What was tasty for jc leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 18 months to go

Greg lost in Amerikkka

Leave a comment:

• Governor of Rowe Island
    replied
    Very nice, Herr Fuchs, thank you. I see Jerry is messing about with scale now, tying him in more directly with the Second Ether. Tasty.
    Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 06-23-2006, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Reinart der Fuchs
    started a topic The Visible Men

The Visible Men

Copyright Nature Publishing Group

See the attached PDF for a Cornelius short.
    Attached Files
Working...
X