Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Cornelius novels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornelius novels.

Is there an area in here -somewhere that I may have missed-, that will tell me all the names of the Cornelius novels and order in which they are to be read?

The main Cornelius Quartet is The Final Programme, A Cure for Cancer, The English Assassin, and The Condition of Muzak. I've heard that those four books can be read in any order, but I understand that you should be familiar with the other books in the series before reading Muzak. There are other Cornelius books as well, some by authors other than Mike (The New Nature of Catastrophe collection, for example), but I'm not at all familiar with those. Maybe the "The Eternal Champion: AGuide for Newbies" thread in the Books forum could help? Good luck.

Comment

Thank you kindly.
      I have read all the Eternal Champion novels but never any of the Cornelius stories.
      Now I know what to look for...Thanks again!

Comment

There's also The Lives and Times of Jerry Cornelius, The Entropy Tango, The Adventures of Una Persson and Catherine Cornelius in the Twentieth Century and The Alchemist's Question.

Avon Books released Lives and Times/Entropyas 'The Cornelius Chronicles, Vol. II' and Una and Catherine/Alchemist as 'Vol. III.

I don't think there's a definite order to the books, though Thje Alchemist's Question is listed as the last Cornelius book, and Lives and Times are short stories of Jerry.

When I got all of the books, I read the Quartet first (I think this is also sometimes listed as Avon's 'Vol. I' ), then 'Vol. II' then 'Vol. III'.

There's also The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindel, which is more about The Sex Pistols, but the Cornelius Gang show up.
        Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

There's also a great Jerry story in Fabulous Harbours. That's more of a Second Ether book, I suppose, but it was the first slice of JC I read, so I have a fond attachment to it.
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Thanks again folks.
            I just, the other day, ordered Blood, Fabulous Harbours, and The War Amongst Angels.
            When those are all said an done I shall start with the Cornelius stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Harvester
              Thanks again folks.
              I just, the other day, ordered Blood, Fabulous Harbours, and The War Amongst Angels.
              When those are all said an done I shall start with the Cornelius stories!
              Sorry to be obnoxious, but I have to compliment you on a wise choice. I hope you enjoy the second ether as much as I did. And do. Beware of crazy Uncle Mike from Texas, who shows up in The war Amongst the Angels. He's a bit of a suspicious character.

Of course those Cornelius stories are pretty good, too...

Comment

Working...
              X