Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Final Programme Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
    Hugh Griffith was one of the stars of the relatively late The Tichfield Thunderbolt. And played Squire in Tom Jones
    Missed the Tichfield Thunderbolt, sounds fun, and OF COURSE from
    Tom Jones, I'd forgotten.

Perdix, I'm with you on this, Ronald Lacey really was great, but a question, I thought I remembered him as Shakey Mo, but he's credited as Shades, same character different name?
    "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Possibly some blending in the film...? He's called Shades by Finch, in the club (The Friendly Bum, I assume). There are a few character alterations, as there should be in a good film :)

Comment

Yes, Shaky Mo was a later addition (actually first entered the Cornelius canon via M.John Harrison who based him on a friend of his). Shades was the character from The Final Programme, certainly from the first edition and I don't remember making any changes in The Cornelius Quartet.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Yes, Shaky Mo was a later addition (actually first entered the Cornelius canon via M.John Harrison who based him on a friend of his). Shades was the character from The Final Programme, certainly from the first edition and I don't remember making any changes in The Cornelius Quartet.
          He's still there in The Cornelius Quartet. The chap who plays Shades in the film is Ronal Lacey (link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0479951/ ), who was the horrific Bishop of Bath and Wells in Blackadder II (a Beesley-esque fellow) :)

Comment

Must be getting a bit addled, thanks for the clarification! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              Must be getting a bit addled, thanks for the clarification! :)
              Case in point, I keep forgetting to log-in. Cheers.
              "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Working...
              X