Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hawkmoon series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkmoon series

Ok this is sad. My PC has 'sploded. I am blowing powersupplies left and right. Even on my new system so its at a friends house. So once a week or so I take my hardrive down, hook it up and get a bit of a reprieve. In the meantime Im catching back up on Mr Moorcocks Eternal champion books. I lost so much in a move a few years ago and at the time, figured Id replace them when I could...then forgot about it. Imagine my angst when I finished up book #3 of Elric and no book 4!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* But I did have Fortress of the Pearl and Revenge of the Rose given to me not long ago and Tales of the White Wolf so that was some consolation (I loved ‘Go ask Elric’ from Tales of the White Wolf LOL my god that was so funny).

So I grabbed some eternal champion volumes I still had. I absolutely loved Eternal Champion!! It was the 3rd revision and I was so amazed with the story. Very very good book. All I could say is 'great story'!!!

I read Phoenix in the Obsidian and then Dragon in the Sword (reread for me)....then grabbed the Dorian series (edition in one book--eternal champion series vol #3).

It was GREAT!!! I had read the Dorian series back in the mid 80s and couldnt remember much about it to be honest. I had a ball reading it this time. Dorian is cool. I love his attitude. I like his sense of humor. I also thought D'Averc was GREAT and when he died I was like 8O noooooooooooooo. When Oladahn died it was...ok...when Brass died it was ok (for some reason Brass just never did much for me)....when D'Averc died it was like

D'Averc was so cool. Why did he have to die? I know silly question . . . but I had to ask it. D'Averc has got to be one of the best characters Ive ever read. He was just great IMO.
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

What do you mean ? No book three ? I'm curious as to what series you're referring to!
    Sorry to hear of your problems.
    Thanks for the kind word.
    Good luck in future.
    :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I lost all my Corum books, Dorian books, the Dancers at the End of time series (I love that series), some other eternal champian books and my entire Elric series (I had the original DAW editions....the ones my DM loaned me then later gave me...and the silver covered ones put out later) but I had the Elric saga vol 1 and 2 from the sceince fiction book club. Vol 1 had the first 3 elric novels and vol 2 had the last three. Well, I had the first volume but not the second so after 'The Weird of the White Wolf' Im stuck on the Elric series till I get new copies (and I just won an auction on eBay for all the Daw editions save 'Elric of Melnibone' so thats cool ^_^)

Of the books I managed to retain I have three books by Omnibus? The Enternal Champian series 1.2.3. The first volume has 3 of your books in it as well as a fourth story called 'To Rescue Tanlorn'. Volume 2 of this series is called 'Von Bek' and it also has several of your novels in it. (Dragon in the Sword is in that one). Volume three is the four Dorian novels. I would think that perhaps this printing of your work might also offer all the Elric stories in one volume too. Im checking with a local bookstore on that now.

And thanks for the comments. Im so upset that I realize just how much of your work Im missing now. And Im so confused as to what printings are out there and the different companies that put them out. At least I got most of the DAW editions back just now on eBay. I also have a lot of catching up to do on your work period I think and I look forward to it.

I know one printing of the Elric series Im missing I have no idea how to replace. I only got one volume of it (which Elric novel it was escapes me now) but it was a red leather hardback and I know I paid a good price for it when I found it. I was never able to find any of the other books to go with it but thought someday I might track them them. Only now that books gone too. Do you or anyone else here know of the edition I speak of? I would love to track them all down and since I have to replace everything I might as well get them if I can, while Im at it.
      Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

You haven't posted an email address, or I'd have written to you
        about these in private. If you have problems, let me know and give me an address I can contact you at.

The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
          about these in private. If you have problems, let me know and give me an address I can contact you at.
          Thank you very much for the offer!! GAH, I even had some of the original unauthorized first printings of the Elric series that I lost too. Yes, I had a side hobby of getting /all/ the different printings of the Elric series and now I have to start all over again . . .

I have to log off in about an hour and dont know when I will be back online (probably a week) but if you or anyone knows a reputable website that might deal in used and rare books that would be a help. I would also be more then happy to give you my hotmail email address but I dont want to post it on the board (nothing on the members here but to web surfers that go around scalping email addresses on various boards). Perhaps I could pass it onto the site admin in a PM?

Comment

The "red hardcovers" are Blue Star Elric of Melnibone, and Vanishing Tower by Archival Press

Jayde Design = [email protected]

also Abebooks.com
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Originally posted by Starscream
              Thank you very much for the offer!! GAH, I even had some of the original unauthorized first printings of the Elric series that I lost too. Yes, I had a side hobby of getting /all/ the different printings of the Elric series and now I have to start all over again . . .

I have to log off in about an hour and dont know when I will be back online (probably a week) but if you or anyone knows a reputable website that might deal in used and rare books that would be a help. I would also be more then happy to give you my hotmail email address but I dont want to post it on the board (nothing on the members here but to web surfers that go around scalping email addresses on various boards). Perhaps I could pass it onto the site admin in a PM?
              Hey Starscream, I know you probably won't see this for a week, but I have several different sets of the Elric series and I noticed you said you were missing the DAW edition Elric of Melnibone. I would be willing to give you one of my copies of that book (that's give not sell). Just email me if you like at [email protected] (its in my profile). If you give me your address I could mail it to you so your DAW set would be complete.

Also, if you are looking for rare editions, do not look anywhere else but Jayde Design as Jerico said. John at Jayde has everything or can get it.
              When they had advanced together to meet on common
              ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
              and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
              each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
              mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
              killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Very good of you Von W. If you're in touch with von W,
                Starscreamer, I can get in touch with you via him!
                I have a few spares and my offers the same as Von W's
                (I hasten to add I don't have THAT many spares!).

Comment

Ah its nothing. Anything for a fan. Ha, my wife would be glad to hear that I'm actually getting rid of a book for once.

I'd be happy to pass on any messages/contact info, although I wouldn't know where to pass it to. You elusive author type! :lol:

If Starscream gives me his info I'll post a message that I have it and you can email me if you like.

And Starscream, Mr. M's might even have a signature on it!

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Well, always one step ahead eh Michael? :lol:

Just checked my email. I'll email you his email address if I hear from him.

EDIT: had to make the last sentence a bit clearer.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Originally posted by VonWeiner
                      Originally posted by Starscream

Hey Starscream, I know you probably won't see this for a week, but I have several different sets of the Elric series and I noticed you said you were missing the DAW edition Elric of Melnibone. I would be willing to give you one of my copies of that book (that's give not sell). Just email me if you like at [email protected] (its in my profile). If you give me your address I could mail it to you so your DAW set would be complete.

Also, if you are looking for rare editions, do not look anywhere else but Jayde Design as Jerico said. John at Jayde has everything or can get it.
                      Hi,
                      Im back online hopefully for good now. I got a new powersupply for a new PC and hopefully wont have the same problem (though one blew on my new system right the day after I got it homw). *fingers crossed*

This is very cool with the posts Ive been reading!!!! Here is the eBay auction I won last week to replace my DAW editions of Elric:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=2229&rd=1

I looked back over it and see where the copy of Stormbringer has a bit of cover damage. Overall though that is a pretty decent set for the price I got it at I think (well compared to how Ive seen some sets go for).

I will email and let you know my address. I am very thankful for your offer!!!!

Jerico

The "red hardcovers" are Blue Star Elric of Melnibone, and Vanishing Tower by Archival Press

Jayde Design = [email protected]

also Abebooks.com
                      And these were regular HB book sized red leather bound? I am fairly sure I lost that one too but Ive got some stuff in a closet to go through and if Im lucky I grabbed it and it will be there. The book was just awesome looking!!

I will send off an email to you soon Von!!

THANKS AGAIN !!!!

Comment

No problem Starscream. As a matter of fact as soon as I get your email address, I will foward it directly Michael and he said he would be glad to help you out.

How's that for service?! So expect a response from Mr. M in your email. What a guy! :D

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

I am almost speechless here ^_^. I think this is just super the help you and Mr Moorcock and others are giving me on this. I thank all of you very much!!!!

Comment

Well, I managed to recover my DAW Dorian books. Thanks to Von I have a complete readable set of DAW Elric books. ^_^ I got the Corum series but they werent DAW and the last book was missing. I replaced it with some other printing. And I got the swords trilogy and the chronicles of corum book so thats cool. And I just got in a somewhet worn set of the Berkley Count Brass books. Im still having trouble finding all 5 books to the Dancers at the End of Time (Berkley printing). I also got a copy of the Cornelius chronicles and am reading it for the first time.

Slowly but surly Im getting caught up and getting the titles back. Thanks guys.

Comment

I read this thread with interest.

I am a bookaholic. I owned over 1000 books of diverse subjects. Them my wife was pregnant, so something hadt to give. 500 book vanished into the bins and 2nd hand shops. However thewrong bags went and I lost my Morrcock books. All except some of Elric. I don't know what I've got or lost.

A nightmare story.

:oops:

Comment

Working...
                              X