Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Ornithoper [& masks in Hawkmoon]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I liked the idea that each section as like a cult of their own which pledged themselves to the whole cause. The mask idea seemed sooo demonic and offensive. I loved it. This is one of the main reasons I was drawn soooo close to the Runestaff sage. Would you be willing to write more on the adventures of Oladahn or others who were akin to the eternal Champions?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Long time ago. The ornithopter came from a toy I'd bought my children (they actually only work practically at a certain power/weight ratio!)
    but the masks were conceived as something a very secretive people (a sort of extension of the way the British were in those days -- not so much secretive as not given to showing their feelings much ) might choose to wear. The inspiration also came from the guilds of the middle ages, from masonic lodges and I suppose from the idea of private languages -- invented languages -- which kids like to invent -- what you might call, ahem, pig Latin.... ?

Leave a comment:

• Krieghetzer
    started a topic Ornithoper [& masks in Hawkmoon]

Ornithoper [& masks in Hawkmoon]

I was just wondering the inspiration behind the idea as well as the maskes of all the animals which every member spoke in a language similar to that animal... I though it was briliant.
Working...
X