Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hawkmoon stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkmoon stories

Hi all,

This is a question for Mike and anyone else that can answer it.

Does anyone know the complete list of all stories including Hawkmoon and/or taking place in Hawkmoon's world? I'm looking for all the novels, short stories, comics, and whatever-other, obscure references people know of.

To be clear, I'm not just looking for the tales of Hawkmoon, I'm looking for a list of all the stories, regardless of central character, that take place in his world.

However, as the novels are an obvious place to begin:
    The Jewel in the Skull
    The Mad God's Amulet (or Sorceror's Amulet)
    The Sword of the Dawn
    The Runestaff (or The Secret of the Runestaff)
    Count Brass (or The Chronicles of Castle Brass)
    The Champion of Garathorm
    The Quest for Tanelorn

Does anyone know more? I'll edit them in below as they are posted or occur to me:

The White Wolf's Son

Thanks in advance,

Andy
    Last edited by Hapimeses; 09-15-2006, 01:32 AM.
    Hapimeses.com

from memory there are certainly some refeferences to Hawkmoon throughout the Corum novels when he dreams he refers to the other 'Eternal Champions' in part through vague images describing there physical appearance. I know some of the other champions have similar experiences but you would have to research each one individually for the 'scraps' of these.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Hawkmoon turns up in The Sailor on the Seas of Fate iirc, but those stories don't take place in his world afaik.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

There are a couple of Hawkmoon stories by other hands in The Pawn of Chaos anthology - one was by Colin Greenland - I can't remember off hand who wrote the other. Isn't the Hawkmoon in The White Wolf's Son a different Hawkmoon?
        Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
          Well, I don't know about different. In different circumstances, certainly.

Hmmmm... Do changing circumstances create different identities? Perhaps you could write a novel or two on the theme, Mike?

Comment

Working...
          X